We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts with the best beaches...

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts with the best beaches...

Hi we are totally beach/ocean people and want to be able to swim comfortably in front of our resort.Which beaches are the best? I have heard the royal has sand bags/ beach whales, don't want those.

toronto
Level Contributor
257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

Check out the resorts in the Playacar area - beautiful beaches.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,012 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

Check out Secrets Maroma Beach - see link below to my photo album

travel.webshots.com/album/580480927dyZsuA

Chestermere
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

check travel channels top ten beaches and you will find Maroma Beach, we like you love the beach and had been to 6 different areas of the Mayan Riviera before finding Maroma, pure white sand, no rocks,and a beach you can walk for a few miles without shoes. There are 4 resorts on Maroma, check it out.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

We too are beach people and if my husband can't go into the water - the resort is out of the question.

Secrets Maroma Beach (SMB) - per the travel chanel, one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. The price of the resort reflects this.

Catalonia Playa Maroma also known as Privileged Beach - sits right next to SMB but a step down in luxury . This is also reflected in the cost but they share the same beach with SMB; so for less cost you get the same beach. It's not all adult but they do have some private beach front rooms with their own plunge pool that look fabulous.

Catalonia Royal Tulum - not a luxury resort for rooms or fancy bars but also has a fabulous beach and many happy return customers. In fact, it's usually booked.

Valentin Imperial Maya (VIM) - larger resort, great value for the money. Beautiful rooms and a very nice area of beach.

Iberostar Grand - has one section of the beach where the water in front of the resort is rocky however on the other side it is beautiful. the entire beach is wide with many palappas - gorgeous resort.

Secrets Capri - resort itself is a bit tired. The beach is not as wide as others but the water in front of the resort is sandy bottomed - service and romance are great. I also am reading that the resort has repaired the damage done to the beach from the last hurricane.

Have not been but, here the Royal in Playa Del Carmen has a super beach.

Hope that helps.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

Ditto to everything Zetababe said - nice post Zeta!

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

thank you so much! we had finally settled on gran porto real because we love the location and rooms, then i saw the beach and said noooo! i have priced the grand and smb and they are out of our price range. we will be in playa 5 days and cancun 2 days and need to keep the hotel portion under 2000

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

Yes, the IB Grand and SMB are a bit on the spendy side. VIM, CRM and CRT are much less expensive - have you looked at those yet?

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
259 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

Check out the Playacar resorts. Playacar Palace, Sandos Playacar, RIU Playacar, Royal Hideaway Playacar, etc.

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

i priced vim, not too bad. we are going with another couple and really we may be asking for the impossible. in order of importance-1.swimmable beach 2. ocean view rooms/food 3. location close to playa.. we want great rooms and a nice resort for vegging out a couple of days, then when we are out at night/excursions we wanna be close to playa.. taxis are a lot! and playacar palace is sold out. man its so much easier when we go to cancun! lol

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts with the best beaches...

thank you, i will check out playacar. i have been to the rius there,but it has been 4 years ago. we just visited from the riu cancun and ate there. playacar had sand whales but it was still beautiful and swimmable. thank you!