We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Son just got Robbed

markham
Level Contributor
286 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Son just got Robbed

Just received phone call from our son at the Riviera princess all suites ...his room was broken in the vault was broken in ...cash jewellery,,,,,all gone but the locks were not broken ....inside job! Luckily there passports were not taken ....they are going home tommorrow

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,478 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Son just got Robbed

datman: so sorry to hear this......hope your son o.k..................so good passports not gone...................thankyou for reporting this....

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Son just got Robbed

Not a happy ending to their vacation at all. :-(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Son just got Robbed

Sorry to hear that :(

Would you please ask him to share his entire experience when he's back and ready to do so?

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Son just got Robbed

Or, better, share it with the police.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Son just got Robbed

Happened to me in Italy a while back. Not a good feeling...So what are you actually trying to say in general?

Edited: 27 June 2012, 05:08
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Son just got Robbed

I think he is trying to say his son got robbed and it appears to be an inside job. I take it as a warning to leave non necessary valuables at home.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,533 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Son just got Robbed

What did the hotel/resort do about it???

jersey
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Son just got Robbed

Anyone ever notice when these reports of robberies come up. The robberies usually take place a day before people are set to return home. Guess the people doing the stealing know that by doing the robbery with little time left in ones vacation there is less of a chance of being caught..Considering most tourists would have little to no time left for an investigation. Therefore hotels can sweep it under the rug..

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Son just got Robbed

Of course the hotel with DENY, DENY, DENY (and somehow will turn it around to blame your son...)

Considering "they" knew when your son was leaving, and that he likely wouldnt be able to stay to deal with the police, not surprising if it were an inside job.

I will be curious to hear the full story and what hotel's response was.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
797 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Son just got Robbed

So sorry to hear this.

The only time we experienced this we were of course blamed. We were almost scolded by the management for not paying better attention to our belongings (that were locked in the safe). It was 2 days before leaving. I love the responses on here from people where it is most often the traveler misplacing money, or drinking too much and not remembering how much they spent, etc. It makes me angry....not everyone is obliterated and downing bubba kegs on vacation. And with such management "support" it really does not make you feel like spending what is left of your vacation dealing with the police.