We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Really.........Accuweather's 10 day forecast includes days of Mostly cloudy and Overcast..............This has got to be a mistake.

England, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

In England we have one of the most advanced weather forecasting systems in the world. And, yes, you guessed it... it's never right either. Mexico on the other hand is on a totally different level.

We went for two weeks and prior to departing seen a two week thunderstorm forecast. Ignore it. It was utterly sweltering heat the majority of the time and the occasional storm at night or around 16:00.

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

You would think after traveling the Caribbean and Mexico for 15years I would know better....lol

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,679 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Having said that when we were in Mexico recently on a 21 night trip we did have a lot of dull/wet days - the weather forecast was right

lancs
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Yes. I think you only know when you are there. We had fantastic weather when we stayed and the forecast had predicted rain every day. Saw about 10 mins worth. However when our friends stayed the forecast -bad was correct. Out of 14 days they had 11 days off constant rain.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

my forecast says more sun

myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

look at the satelitte photos - it shows no systems in the area

flipflopman had a system parked over QR while it developed into a storm

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Love that forecast that's the on I'm sticking with.

Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

Take no notice of the forecast, I've just got back and did all those trips.

When it shows rain or thunder it literally rains 10 mins then glorious again. We had 1 full day of it.

We were actually glad of the cool down.

Hol was amazing don't worry.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

I just checked out the myforecast.com link posted up-thread and it looks so much better than weatherunderground and weather.com. Why is there such a difference in the weather reports?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

they all usually match if a system is parked over the area, otherwise they are 'guestimating'

10. Re: Mostly Cloudy ? Overcast ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:15