We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality Alcohol

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Quality Alcohol

Can we get Grey Goose, Blue Sapphire and good quality Champagne at the Grand Porto Real? Thanks in advance.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality Alcohol

Not at GPR. You can get Grey Goose at the Royal- or at least you could a few years ago.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quality Alcohol

If you are going to GPR, check what it would cost to upgrade to Royal, or at least what a day pas would cost. Problem is: once you go Royal, its hard to go back!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,241 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quality Alcohol

Please note that when the majority of people talk about drinking "champagne" on these forums the are referring to sparking wine and not real champagne

Real champagne will be available but at the majority of resorts it will be at an additional cost

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quality Alcohol

Flip flop - That's not a bad point to raise actually. Often AI's are described as having champagne.

I have yet to have a glass of Veuve Cliquot at an AI!

On our last trip to Antigua , the house 'champagne' (fizzy wine),wasn't actually too bad.

On a personal note we are going to El Dorado Royale - any chance of Grey Goose there?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
325 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quality Alcohol

@ Steven I seem to recall EDR having Grey Goose. But you are certainly right about the Veuve! Too bad as that's my fave champagne. lol

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,413 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quality Alcohol

Steven, I believe you are out of luck for Grey Goose at the EDR. As Karisma tends to standardize the brands across the resorts they manage. They used to have it at the EDM but as of May 2011 they no longer had it there either. As of May 2012 they were serving Absolut, Smirnoff and now Svedka. I had never had Svedka before and was pleasantly surprised (though it is certainly not Grey Goose!). They also had flavored Absolut and Svedka. My afternoon drink of choice quickly became the Svedka Raspberry with tonic and a squeeze of lime.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 21:49
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quality Alcohol

Aka - do you recall which label of Smirnoff it was,red,blue or black?

Edited: 18 July 2012, 13:37
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,413 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quality Alcohol

It was the red steven.

9. Re: Quality Alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 07:15