We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug bites all over

Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bug bites all over

I am currently staying at this hotel. Every day I wake up with more and more bites all over me..mostly on my back and arms. Anyone else have this problem....is it bed bugs or sand fleas? I have spent a limited amount of time on the beach, so I am skeptical that it is fleas...anyone else currently or in the past have these problems? I should note that I have seen multiple guests with bumps all over them..please respond so I can begin treatment or fumigation....

Prescott Ontario
Level Contributor
952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug bites all over

You never mentioned the spot you're staying but have you checked the reviews in the past few weeks to see if anyone has got complained of the same?

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug bites all over

Could they be mosquito bites?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug bites all over

Sand Fleas.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug bites all over

The fact you have them all over your back sounds a little suspicious. I would expect mosquitos and sand fleas more on your ankles and legs.

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug bites all over

Inspect your bed/matress for signs of bed bugs! Any blood spots? Do you have bites in a pattern like something crawling and biting as it travels? Otherwise, it is probably sand fleas or mosquitos. I would use repellant at all times, including sleeping.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug bites all over

"I am currently staying at this hotel."

Which hotel?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bug bites all over

If its all over, its likely not bedbugs, as the bites tend to cluster. Inspect the sheets including mattress and boxspring. Bedbugs are visible if you are looking for them. The big question is, is your travel companion getting the bites too?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bug bites all over

Do all the bites look the same and as #7 has asked above does you partner have the same bites and are you sleeping in the same bed???

Personally, I would check it out the the resort anyway as they will know what bed bug bites look like. You could also ask some of the other guests you have seen with badly bitten bodies what they think

Edited: 18 July 2012, 10:01
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bug bites all over

Sand fleas.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review