We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI in Playa

new jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
AI in Playa

does anyone know of any AI that are in walking distance to 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI in Playa

Most of the AI resorts are in Playacar. Some can take up to 30 minutes by walking where others are just a couple of minutes. The ones right in town are Gran Porto Real, The Royal Playa del Carmen, and Playacar Palace.

ChickenGurl
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI in Playa

I stayed at Playacar palace in Feb, expensive but worth it totally! Best part was its proximity to 5th Ave and the ferry to Cozumel. We are looking at Gran Porto Real in December just before Xmas. food was always good and I'm pretty picky

ChickenGurl
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI in Playa

I stayed at Playacar palace in Feb, expensive but worth it totally! Best part was its proximity to 5th Ave and the ferry to Cozumel. We are looking at Gran Porto Real in December just before Xmas. food was always good and I'm pretty picky

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,832 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI in Playa

In addition to Candylady's list, add Mahakel for a hybrid AI. Breakfast and choice of lunch or dinner, which is a perfect way to explore the culinary attractions of Playa. I really think the Playacar Palace is a neat place, so many rooms with an ocean view.

RCA
lookout...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI in Playa

how far is la esmeralda from playa? and is it good? i know it is new.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI in Playa

Also RIU Playacar and Iberostar Tucan are in Playacar..

Jon

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,317 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI in Playa

"The ones right in town are Gran Porto Real, The Royal Playa del Carmen, and Playacar Palace."

Also the Real Playa del Carmen and the El Tukan Condotel are budget AIs that are right IN Playa, on Fifth Avenue.

And the Aventura Mexicana is a boutique hotel that can be booked with an AI option.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,832 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI in Playa

La Esmeralda is part of La Paradisus. It's north of central Playa at about 110 Calle. It's a little far to walk. I think the taxi fare was 100 pesos. It took me a good 40 minutes to walk from La Paradisus to Constituyentes via the beach.

9. Re: AI in Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:16