We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

Grand Prairie, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

Well, I haven't posted on TA in awhile, but I still read for hotel reviews. :) So I thought I would reach out to you regulars and ask for comments, ideas and suggestions. So here goes:

I'm taking my wife to VIM, Valentin Imperial Maya for our 20th anniversary in October for 9 nights, 4th through 13th. Ladies, don't chastise me too much here, but I was out of town on business during the actual day and didn't get her anything, but was hoping this trip would make up for that. I'm booking a Silver suite (need to have the guaranteed King bed), the swim up here doesn't appeal to us much and the emerald is too pricey for what you get. My question on the silver suite is do you get a jacuzzi tub with the glass pane or curtains that is between the bed and the bath? Also, we would like to have an ocean view but we are satisfied with a pool view. What is the best building (and room) with a high floor that would give us these options? It would be nice not to be in one of those far buildings that are a long walk from everything. Next, are there any special requests I can make for our anniversary like room upgrades that they would probably do? I know they have a couples massage and can do a romantic beach dinner. What else is available? Should I email the resort and let them know we are celebrating our 29th and can they do anything special like roses, champagne, cake, etc. in the room on arrival?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

You will get more replies but, I will start. I have only stayed in an emerald. I have read that in the slivers the two person jacuzzi is in the bathroom and there is a thin curtain that separates the bathroom from the room. Sneak some candles in your luggage. The silvers are in buildings 1 and 2. I can't remember which is which. Ask for the top floor to increase your chance of seeing a little bit of ocean. I would not go for the dinner on the beach because I don't find sterno, sand, hair blowing around and misquitos to be romantic. We did the French restaurant. We told the waiter it was our anniversary and he put flower petals in the shapes of hearts around our plates and for dessert brought a little cake on which they had written Happy Anniversary on the plate. This may have been good luck on our part and not a set policy. You can purchase flowers, a cake and or chocolate covered strawberries. They are all expensive. I do not know if you can do this ahead of time. The VIM has a facebook page that might be helpful. Enjoy. It is a very romantic resort in my opinion.

Blairsville, Georgia
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

Travis, the VIM has a face book page that you can go to...Also there is a forum page on there that you can go to and ask questions..There are people on there that have been there several times and are willing to help out as much as they can esp 2 gentlemen name Ron & Murdock...When you do ask questions usually someone from the VIM will try to answer and tell you the info and will give you an email to send your request to there..Hope this will help you... I'm looking forward for my return visit in Sept.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

I would contact the resort and ask what can be arranged. They may give you a list of things with prices but even if you choose to do one of those i have a feeling they will do some complimentary things as well. I've seen things at resorts like door banners, rose petals in the room, etc done for free. We had that provided to us once at a resort, likely by accident because they were under the impression it was our anniversary for some reason.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

You will not get a ocean view from the silver suites. They are in building 1 and 2. Yoiu will get a garden view . May I suggest that you go to the French Restaurant (find an alibi ) They always bring me a birthday desert etc.. Note that the restuarant is quite strict about dress standard ..no shorts or flip flops foir men.. Closed toe shoes or dress sandals

Arkansas
Level Contributor
154 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

may sound silly- but what about dress sandals for women in the restaurants? is that allowed?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

Sandals for women are fine; it's only the men who have those sorts of restrictions.

7. Re: 20th Anniversary Suggestions at Valentin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17