We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

Looking at RH. Looks like a nice property but the rooms look small and it appears quiet. Is 4 nights enough time to enjoy this property if we do a couple of excursions? We don't look for a party atmosphere so quiet is okay as long as it isn't bone chilling quiet. Like to relax, eat gourmet food, sail, sightsee. Plan to go to Cozumel for a day and also to Coba. After RH we will move to another property yet to be determined. We like luxury properties.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

4 nights is never enough... But then again, to myself, neither is 7 or 10 nights...

But as for your question, my personal thoughts is a Cozumel and Cobia trip will be a lil much for that amount of time...

ny
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

RH is a fabulous property and I know that you will love the service.In my opinion 4 nights is never enough time to get the flavor of any property;however , 4 nights are better than fewer nights.You will be able to relax and dine in fine restaurants;however ,given that you are planning on only 4 nights, I think that you will not have the opportunity to savor the property. I think that by taking these excursions, during such a limited stay , that you will not have time to enjoy and to relax as you wish.RH is definitely a luxury property. We consider it our second home. Forty two(42) times and counting!

Edited: 28 July 2012, 16:02
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

"quiet is okay as long as it isn't bone chilling quiet."

I think you just described the atmosphere to a tee.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

I have no problem staying more than 4 nights but am trying to determine the right mix. Any suggestions on what other resort to split the time with? Can go for a total of 10 to 12 nights.

Will be at Live Aqua this Fall but RM is our winter trip.

ny
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

Hi,

I am assuming that you meant RH rather than RM. I am sure several other TA posters can suggest other properties to try in addition to RH. IMHO, RH is not"bone chilling quiet"Sometimes atmosphere is what you make it!

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

^ Hi Diva!!

If you are planning a trip to Cozumel I would suggest you stay there and enjoy all the island has to offer. Rent a jeep- drive the circle, explore all the beach stops. Cozumel is worth so much more than a day trip, and there are plenty of nice places to stay.

Then, retreat to the RH for a wonderful, relaxing way to end your trip. We always split our stays between resorts and never regret it. The RH is the most luxurious resort in Playacar. I wouldn't leave it during a four day trip to do Coba. Possibly you can do it while at Live Aqua?

ny
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

Hi Lazygirl ,

Hope all is very well!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

We have booked 15 nights at the RH in October. I am sure we will do a day trip or two but most of the time will just be chillin on the beach in the morning, chillin at the pool in the afternoon. Lots of siesta's, good food and drink. As every vacation no mater how long we are never thinking it was too long:)

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

If we stayed on Cozumel what is a recommended luxury property? We are not divers and can take or leave snorkeling so that isn't a lure. I went to Cozumel 35 years ago so I know it's different now.

I may very well do Coba while at LA. Definitely going to Isla Mujeres for a day to check it out and that could be another option for the rest of our stay in the Winter. I like the looks of Hotel Villa Rolandi.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Hideaway - How many Nights?

I like the Aura Cozumel and also the Cozumel Palace. If you're not into snorkling or diving though it may not appeal to you the way it does to us.