We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

We are staying at the Adventura Mexicana in a few weeks and have privaleges to Kool Beach Club. We would like to know if it is possible to bring a cooler with alcohol to the beach with us? We plan on eating at the beach club and I'm sure we will purchase some drinks there but having a stash of our own would be nice.

austin, minnesota
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

You can to the beach but not the beach club. The beach itself is public so no problem. Kool you cannot. You can bring a water but that is about it.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Hey , goalies drink for free . That's just the way it is , eh ! You could bring a blanket and cooler and consume some before or after a given beach club to hold down costs a bit or have a sly stash and leave the club for a walk once in a while like a polite smoker will . Pockets in a swim suit are useful . We get up and walk all the time just for the exercise so why not sneak a discrete traveller if you feel like it . A hip flask can also kick up a cocktail a notch if that suits you as well . If that sounds too cheap for you don't do it . Cheers

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

They allowed me to keep my frozen water bottle at KOOL, but they seemed reluctant.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

We do it all the time. Get a foam cooler at Mega or Walmart for a couple of bucks and a bag of ice. We also have a bottle in the room for that bit of exercise that Juan sugguests every so often if you're at a beach club. Call me cheap but $7 for a drink is a little steep when I can buy the bottle for around $25. (Tequila of course)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Sorry, but I would never bring a cooler to a beach club and expect them to be happy about it.

Don't expect Kool or Mamitas, etc... to allow it.

It's like bringing a six-pack to your favorite bar at home, that's not going to fly and you shouldn't expect it to in Playa either.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Ah. Cooler to beach vs. beach CLUB. Probably not allowed at beach club.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Cooler to the beach - no problem at all.

Cooler to the beach CLUB - yeah, not so much.

Mentor, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Thanks for the help. We would not expect to be allowed to bring beverages to the beach club itself. I would like to sit on the beach by the beach club and bring a cooler with our own drinks. Close to food and restrooms.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

Just remember, if you're not buying the beach club's food and drinks, you can't use their loungers or palapas.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can you bring your own beverages to the beach?

I think though that if you are given free passes from your hotel to KOOL (for example) you may choose not to consume anything there and still be allowed to use the chairs.