We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

bishopville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

We have taken the ADO bus from the airport to Playa Del Carmen but have never got straight back to the airport. Is there a bus that takes you directly back from PDC to Cancun Airport?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

The only stops I'm aware of is a 1 or 2 minute stop in Puerto Morelos. I don't believe there is any other bus.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

They may also stop at the Alternate bus station. The two stops are mere minutes. If that is too much, consider a private transfer at higher cost.

bishopville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

Guess I need to clarify myself better. I did not mean a bus that did not make any stops along the way. I just did not know if the bus goes from the PDC bus station back to the airport or whether we would have to go to the main Cancun bus terminal and then get another bus or taxi from there to the airport.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

Just make sure your bus says Cancun Aeropuerto. If in doubt ask, anyone will be happy to help. No-it won't to to Cancun city.

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
423 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

If you use it buy your ticket a day or two in advance. Last time we did not there weren't any tickets left for bus to get us there in time. Also better know which terminal you are flying out of. Make sure you get off at the correct one.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

I do buy my ADO bus ticket for the Cancun airport the day before for the reason ORCon mentions.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

When the bus goes from the airport to Playa, it departs first from terminal 3, then goes to terminal 2 to pick up passengers before it leaves the airport property. Can one assume it stops in reverse going back to the airport?

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
442 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

Everytime I've taken the bus from Playa to the airport the bus has stopped at Terminal 2 first.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,011 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

That's when they drop you off wolf. The empty bus starts at terminal 3 and then goes to terminal 2 and then on to PM and then Playa. We love the ADO bus, gives me a chance to bone up on my Spanish looking at the movie on the bus:-)

bishopville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Playa Del Carmen to Cancun Airport?

We need to be at the Cancun Airport around 11:00 am on a Thursday. Should we expect any problem if we get our tickest the day before to get us there by 11 am or would it be better to stay in Cancun the night before?