We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

Hi

I was wondering if you could recommend a good, safe and clean moderate - budget hotel in Playa del Carmen for the first week in June.

I will be beginning my 3 month tour of Central America and need to say in the PLaya del Carmen area. I would really like somehere close to the beach if possible.

All advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

K

Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

We have had excellent, modestly priced, beachfront rooms at the Pelicano. Calle 8 on the beach in Playa.

Pipe Creek, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

I have just the place. Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya. I just posted my review on it. We payed $85 per night. I think you can get a better deal that that depending on the time of year. Very safe. Not right on the beach but they give you a pass to Mamacitas beach club that is walking disatance.

If you are doing a budget trip then you will want to know of the collectivos. Vans that can take you to Tulum, XCaret, Xel-Ha very cheap. Taxi $40-$60 Collectivo $2.50 each! Just tell the taxi driver to take you to the collectivo station and catch a ride from there. Saves big $$

www.hotelrivieramaya.com

Robin

Dallas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

There are several lower cost hotels in the section of Playa called Little Italy. It's north of Constituyentes Street. In the side streets off of Fifth Avenue you'll find any number of them. That time of year you should be able to have a number of choices. My personal favorite is the Luna Blue on 26th Street near Fifth Avenue. I think their website is www.lunabluehotel.com. I used to stay there when it was called the Hotel Zanzibar. About a year ago it changed ownership and name. It was recently remodeled but it's still one of the better deals for a nice room walking distance from the beach.

4. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2006, 15:45
London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

Thanks guys that's really great!

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a safe budget hotel in Playa del Carmen

Hi Wendy

I help update the hotel listings for the tourist board If you send me your budget I will send you a list of those who are within that range You can find accomodation clean and safe for as low as 20 us! Or youth hostels for 10 us a night!

claudiadeplaya@hotmail.com