We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Looking to book Riu Palace Mexico for July 2013, but I am a little concerned by the pictures of the new rooms as it would appear that the bedroom/bathroom is all open plan.

My husband and I will be travelling with our fifteen years old daughter

and we will all need some privacy to shower and dress.

Does anyone know if all rooms will be like this or are more family friendly rooms going to be available?

We have emailed the hotel but have yet to hear from them ( I know they are closed but would still expect them to access emails)

Thankyou

alberta canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Could someone post a link for pictures of rooms thxs

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Bob I didn't know free wifi. That would be great. Hopefully heat in the pools and whirlpools. 21st century here we come.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

pika, go back to post 11 of this thread and there's a video of the Riu Palace Bavaro in Punta Cana. The RPM is being remodeled very similarly.

Swami, riu.com says starting winter 2012/13 Free wifi in the lobby and rooms for the 2 Palaces only. Haven't checked other Riu Palaces in Mexico/Caribbean.

And I realllllllly hope Maria Jose gets one of her wishes - one pool heated.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 19:33
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Heated pools would be great. I have to go in the ocean some days to warm up.

kent
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Just a note Bob they never told us about the fountains or tiles nor had we heard from all the rumours , We was shown the new rooms, which we were told the whole hotel would be the same, the reception lady that showed us the room said they had not made a decision whether to put a curtain around the bath or not, that was what almost all the poeple even if they liked the room complained about.

the boys around the pool said the pool and area would be moved closer to the sea with a new infinity pool like the other palace.

A new italian restaurant .

The people who had a thomas cook rep was told all the wood in the hotel, including the lobby would go,

The new riu colour is purple and white.

Will be nice to find what is going to happen but sure we will all look forward to the first pictures.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Supposed to be a new Mexican restaurant as well, like the RPRM, probably going where the main entrance to Don Julian and the Mexican section was. It has to have access to the kitchens.

alberta canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
Save Reply
57. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Thxs bobfrombc. Actually found some pics of the new rooms from travellers photos. They look pretty good So is it true they will have an infinity pool at the palace when they re open

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

That's what "they" say.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

For those who go to the RPM regularly and know the Directora of the 6 Playacar Rius Maria Jose she posts regularly on Facebook. She just posted in response to a comment I made about seeing the Riu Palace Bavaro video and pics from the Riu Palace Peninsula in Cancun, saying the RPM will be along the new line but different (Big Surprise) and she's really impressed with the plans. Getting excited now, still too far away but double digits.

kent
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Riu Palace Mexico refurbishment

Bob the kids tell me you are right not a new Italian but a new Mexican restaurant, think it was going in the place of the Brazilian restaurant