We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned From Playa & the Reef Playacar - Great Time!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned From Playa & the Reef Playacar - Great Time!

We just returned from our honeymoon at the Reef Club Playacar in Playa Del Carmen. It was awesome! We have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and the area in general. We did two tours - a Snorkel Express tour which was a few hours of snorkeling along the coral reef and we also did the Tulum Extreme Tour through Maya Adventures that was awesome! It had 2 zip lines (1 into a cave where you landed in the water), rappelled into the cave, snorkeled in the cave, and then had a guided tour of the Tulum ruins. I would highly recommend it. Any questions - let me know - I'd be happy to help.

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
312 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned From Playa & the Reef Playacar - Great Time!

So glad to hear what a wonderful time you had. We are returning for a 2nd time in June. Who did the snorkel express tour (are they located in Playa)? Where do they take you? How much do they charge?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned From Playa & the Reef Playacar - Great Time!

Yes, it was really cool. We plan on trying to go back every other year or so and we'll go to the same place.

We actually booked the snorkel express tour through the Reef Marina which is in the hut next to the beach at the Reef Playacar. They have a lot of tours and excursions you can book there. We jumped in a boat right off of the beach and took about a 10-15 minute boat ride south to a deserted part of the beach where apparently the coral reef is. There were other hotel boats there as well doing snorkeling. It was only $25 per person and I guess the whole thing lasted about 2.5 hours.

Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned From Playa & the Reef Playacar - Great Time!

My husband and I are going on a cruise 04/27/06 one of stops is Playa Del Carmen, we will be there for 8 hours. Any suggestions on what shore excursions to do?