We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Is this resort a time-share owned property?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Yes - they have both reg hotel, and time share - I think the 'shark' company is circle 1 if i remember correctly. We avoid them at all costs, but to each their own. We have stayed there 3 times, and would go back again if the price was right. Go prepared for a pool vaca, most times the ocean was "brown bay" due to mangrove and sea weed.

Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Thanks for the information. Do you have to do a tour of the time share or can you refuse?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Refuse - we always do. My vacation time is MY time. Far too precious for high pressure sales pitches.

chicago
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Did anyone recently go to BlueBay? Wondering if the pool is repaired or still closed?

Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Can anyone that has traveled to Blue Bay tell me about the bracelet policy they have. Are they super strict about serving only those with adult bracelets and how about if someone is just weeks away from turning 18?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

I had clients/friends there and their sons were 17 and 17 (10 months apart and almost 18 for their oldest and there was no way around it there. They did take their bracelet off and gave it to their son and went and said they lost it and got a new one, but I don't recommend that. If they aren't 18, they really shouldn't be drinking anyway.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

We were there in Feb/March.. we never had braclets.

and.....

We were never approached for timeshare... I guess we always looked like we were on a mission when we went into the main lobby so they didn't bother us.. LOL

Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

To GSL025,

Were you adults traveling without children or young adults? We have been to Riviera Maya 8 times and have always been given bracelets to distinguish between adult and child. I have heard of others not being bothered by timeshare people as well-I think you are right in that you just don't engage in conversation or even make eye contact! Aside from that, did you enjoy your stay?

9. Re: Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 10:20