We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where does everybody book their vacation?

Ft. Lauderdale
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where does everybody book their vacation?

For the past few years I've used Cheap Caribbean because their prices are so low. Does anybody use a website or agency that they've found to be cheaper?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

I've been pricing around and I have found that for a non stop flight the cheapest deal I get is to book one of the Apple Charter vacations through Doylestown travel bc they give 10% of Apple Charter Trips

ohio
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

I have used Apple Vacations and Funjet. I am finding Apple is cheaper.

I book directly with Apple or Funjet without a middleman.

Ft. Lauderdale
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

Ahhh nice. I've heard great things about Apple Vacations.

I went ahead and punched in the same dates and info there (peak season, since I'm heading there for spring break)... 5 nights at the VIM per person is 1600 at Apple, and 1350 at CheapCarib.... I suppose I should be pleased with the 1350 but I'm always on the lookout for a better deal!

United States
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

I have used honeymoonsinc and when comparing prices, they always seem to beat everyone else. Just used them recently for Excellence Playa Mujeres, and they had the lowest prices that I could find on the internet.

United States
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

Oops, should have been more clear on the above post. We use honeymoonsinc to book the resort, and then we play the airfare game trying to get the lowest priced flight possible.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

Orbitz has come in cheapest for me 75% of the time, then Expedia and once Travelocity. I tend to rely on Orbitz then and forget to keep checking Expedia but now Expedia has been coming up cheaper for February/March. I'm sure flying out of different airports makes a big difference. Out of MSP Cheapcaribbean, Apple and Funjet have never been competitive.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

I have used Tami Pruitt from Tripsurfer Vacations for years. No matter what price I find on any of the so-called discount sites Tami has been able to match and most tiimes beat. She gives great service and we have ALWAYS been upgraded upon arrival at any of the resorts we have stayed at - not sure if it is because she gives them a good amount of business or requests this but we have been very lucky.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

Orbitz has worked the best for us, as well, for the last 4-5 years. We don't always get a non-stop flight, but, for the savings, I endure the inconvenience. We have started booking our own private,roundtrip transporation from the Cancun airport to our resort as it usually costs less, and, you don't have to make 6 or 7 stops to other resorts, dropping other people off. We have been using Cancun Vans. They cost about $ 10 more than USA Transfers, which is very popular, but, the extra $ 10 pays for the ice cold cerveza that is provided in the van. Once you arrive at your resort, your driver will ask you what time you need to be picked up for your return trip,and, they have never failed us.

Happy travels!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

We book our airfare with the airline direct and try to use points/air miles for that and the hotel is always booked direct with the hotel. It never works out cheaper on the web.

right there
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where does everybody book their vacation?

I used to get good deals on usairwaysvacations but for the last two years expedia always has the best prices from my location.