We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive with swim up suites

virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive with swim up suites

We went to Valentin last year and loved it. We thought the food and service was great. We also had the swim up suite which we ended up using more than the beach. We also liked that is was quiet and private

We are wanting to try another place around pdc and are looking for a large resort with good food, and a better gym than Valentin. We used the gym everyday and thought the one at Valentin was small. We would also like to be able to get a swim up suite again.

I am 35 and am going with my wife and another couple. We dont drink or party so the night life is not as important to us. I think we would prefer adults only but it is not necessary. We are planning on going in feb.

I looked at the grand iberostar but there are no swim ups there. I also looked at at the aventura spa palace which was significantly cheaper and has a good gym but I have heard the food is not good, and there is no swim up. Any help would be appreciated.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

You may want to check out the El Dorado Seaside Suites or the El Dorado Royale/Casitas. They both have swim up suites, but I cannot comment on the gym so will certainly defer to others!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

Secrets Maroma Beach offers swim-up suites. Dunno about the gym there though.

MA
Level Contributor
501 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

the Royal, Playa del carmen too

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

For value, you might want to consider the Grand Princess with the Yucatan option (Platinum). However, you should go between April and September to enjoy warm pool water. A common complaint about swim ups is the water is too cold in the winter months, or not in the Sun.

At the Princess, the Riviera side gets more sun.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

I agree with YYZJG...the Riviera side gets the afternoon sun.

I believe that the gym is also on the smaller side though...I think that any resorts that I have been to the gym's are not like they are at home. I would go early in the morning to get on any equipment.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

The El dorado Royale have true swim up suites in some of the buildings.. You literally step off your terrace into the water ..so no grassy area. It is a huge resort If you end up in building 60 for instance its about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the italian restuarant.. Its probably twice the footprint of the Valentin !! We are VIM fanatics -going back for our 4th visit..

7. Re: All inclusive with swim up suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:16