We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping at or near SMB

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping at or near SMB

I'm looking to purchase mariachi hats & maracas & was wondering if these are sold at the resort? a nearby shop or town? or do I have to go to Playa Del Carmen?

I've also heard vendors sometimes set up shop around the resort. Does anyone happen to know if that's a daily thing? If not, what days specifically?

Oswego, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping at or near SMB

There are not a lot of vendors, as it is a hard beach to get to.

Also, there may have been a small selection in the gift shop, but I don't recall.

As far as a "nearby shop"... I think the closest shop is in Playa.

Enjoy, it is a great resort.

-F-

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping at or near SMB

There was one night when the vendors were set up at the resort but I can't remember which night. I think it was the night with the Mexican buffet... Anyway, for what you are looking for, I would go to Playa del Carmen.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping at or near SMB

Don't forget that the airport has a bunch of shops (including one huge duty free one that you walk through after you go through security) so you can easily pick up any souveniers there (there is a store that sells "Mexican Souveniers" as well)!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping at or near SMB

I always wonder if anyone actually keeps those mariachi hats - especially since I see them so often at garage sales!

Edited: 10 November 2012, 00:14
5. Re: Shopping at or near SMB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:16