We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

Myrtle Beach
11 posts
Save Topic
RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

RIU Hotels & Resorts Set to Reopen the 434-room Riu Palace Mexico

Following $20 million Renovation

Cancun, Mexico, 28th November 2012 - The elegant Riu Palace Mexico hotel, situated in Playa del Carmen, will reopen on 1 December after a complete renovation. This hotel was the first of the luxurious Riu Palace range in Mexico and since it opened in 1999, it has won over the hearts of thousands of loyal guests for whom it is the hotel of choice. The hotel will retain its colonial building, but has been modernised inside with the new line that RIU is rolling out in all its hotels. RIU Hotels has invested a total of 20 million dollars in this project which includes new interior design as well as new restaurants and services such as the "Lounge 24" and the "Capuchino" café, all of which is part of the RIU All Inclusive programme.

The 434 rooms have been renovated with new furniture, new fabrics, and a fresher, brighter style, with a predominantly white look. In the bathrooms, which are totally new, a hydromassage bath and separate shower cubicle have been installed, as well as a double sink. All the rooms also enjoy free wireless internet access.

The hotel's culinary department is full of new features. As well as renovating the current buffet restaurant "Don Julián", the fusion restaurant "Krystal" and the Japanese "Miyagi", the new Riu Palace Mexico introduces the Mexican "La Bodega", the Italian "La Dolce Vita" and the new "Guacamole" steak house.

The hotel also has five bars including the new "Lounge 24" which offers snacks and drinks 24 hours a day, the elegant "El Palmeral" pool bar and "Capuchino", the new café that RIU is introducing in its new hotels of the Riu Palace range and which offers an extensive menu of coffees and pastries.

The gardens and pools of the Riu Palace Mexico have been completely redesigned to present a modern, relaxed and sophisticated design. There are four fresh water pools, one with a swim-up bar, as well as a children's pool and the Riu Land kids' club.

Access to free wireless internet in the communal areas and rooms, as well as 24 hour room service are all part of the hotel's All Inclusive programme. The new features also include extension of the gym and the new Renova Spa, with various treatment rooms.

The Riu Palace Mexico boasts an exceptional beachfront location just 2 kilometres from the famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen with its picturesque shops, restaurants and bars. It is also the ideal starting point for exploring the treasures of Mayan culture and the natural wonders of this region of Mexico, and all this with RIU's 24 Hour All Inclusive service.

Ontario
Level Contributor
355 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

Congratulations! I love RIU Hotels.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

That's a lot of $, I originally thought maybe $5-6 million.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

Perfect can't wait

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

Bob, I counting on you to break in the resort for the rest of us. Have fun and enjoy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

So excited to spend Christmas here!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

Hopefully those first guests on the 1st and 2nd won't drink all the Don Julio Reposada. LOL I'll be checking out the pools after dinner by dipping my hand in each to see which one is heated. One is supposed to be but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 21:37
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

With our luck it will be the kid's club pool that is heated.

Yah let us know which one for sure.

Have fun

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Press Release

It will be naturally heated around the swimup pool bar. LOL

Edited: 28 November 2012, 21:51
kent
Level Contributor