We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel and weather

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stressfreetravel
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
which hotel and weather

We are traveling late Dec early Jan and want to stay at either secrets sliversands, capri, or the Royal in Playa. Which has the best accomodations and beaches, etc. Also we would like to be close enough to Playa to enjoy at least one day there. We have 3 20 something kids who are not into partying, but do like a calm beach for watersports and some action, also great food.

We do enjoy a good night sleep and great service as well.

Also wanted to know what type of weather to expect.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel and weather

I would go with the RPDC, it's location cannot be beat. The kids may very easily become bored at the other resorts when they shut down at night. Because the RPDC is just a two minute walk to 5th Ave the can venture out and have some fun.

The resort is simply fabulous and you will love all the restaurants. The staff will make you feel truly special and treat you like royalty. Prepare to be spoiled!

The weather should be gorgeous, don't let any forecasts of possible rain deter you. When I was there last Jan it rained a few times but all but one were overnight.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel and weather

.If I were traveling with my kids there is no way I would stay at any of the Secrets resorts it is all couples. I have never stayed at the Royal but have seen the resort, great beach, great location, you are right in the hart of 5 Avenue.The weather for me is to cold in December - January but I live in Florida. Expect 70's to low 80's in the day, 60's to maybe high 50's at night. Pools are not heated. You will be warm in the Sun.

Edited: 30 November 2012, 15:10
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel and weather

The ocean temps change only slightly. It will be plenty warm enough for water activities. Since your pix has snow skiing I assume you're from cold climes so it'll feel nice and warm in the QRoo.

stressfreetravel
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel and weather

Thanks for all your feedback. We still have not made a final decision, and were wondering about the Blue Diamond and El Dorado Royale as possibilities. Again we want a resort that is top notch and yet not so overly romantic as to make our 20 something offsprings uncomfortable. Also a resort that is not overwhelming yet still offers a variety. Would love to stay at the Royale in Playa but have some concerns with noise from the city, would this be an issue? A heated pool and at least a couple of outdoor jacuzzi's would be desirable as well.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,887 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel and weather

I do feel the ocean and pool temp differenences

The ocean is 78F in the winter and a very comfortable 84 in the summer

See this site for all your weather averages

http://www.cancunmap.com/weather.html

Labroquerie,Mb
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel and weather

Check out Gran Porto Real...sister hotel to Royal

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel and weather

Your are not going to get any noise from the City, the ocean will act as "white noise" and you will have a little breeze coming in from the ocean side which will block any street noise. Really doubt you are going to find a heated pool anywhere. Your best bet is staying away from the adult only resorts when you travel with your young adult kids. They really cater to couples.

8. Re: which hotel and weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:16