We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive family friendly resort

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive family friendly resort

Hi,

I'll be travelling with my husband and 10 yr old son in February.

Primarily looking for a nice beach resort that I can relax with good restaurant options. Also, would like to visit the pyramids and mayan ruins while there.

Where do I start?

Thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Are you looking for a solid mid-range resort, or more luxury? Large -- with more amenities, or small and easier to get around, meet people, etc.

For some good, mid range resorts --- try the RIU's or Iberostar. If you want something larger, but further away from Playa --- take a look at Grand Palladium or Barcelo.

I'd recommend Reef Club if you're going to be away from the resort a lot, and maybe getting dinners out. Its a smaller resort with a good beach --- but they had the poorest food of any AI I've ever been to.

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Thnaks for the response. Am looking for atleast a 4 stat rated resort. Planning to spend most of the time in the resort of probably 2 days of outing. So a nice beach, pool and good ala carte options is a must..

Thanks.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,513 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

There are quite a few to choose from. A lot will depend on your budget. I have personally stayed in the Iberostar Playa Paraiso Complex and the Barcelo Maya Complex. All have multiple resorts to choose from with varying amenities based on the cost. Barcelo has am amazing beach with great snorkeling if you are into that.

Toronto
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Thanks Texas.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Hola

We have been to the Iberostar and Barcelo. But we like the Sandos Playacar better. Large beach,food (5 A la Cartes, 3 buffets), location and service. Lots more info in my review of our October trip.

Chicago,IL
Level Contributor
247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Barcelo might be a good choice, they close to Ruins too since they are more south.. Barcelo Palace is the most Expensive of all Barcelos..they all next to each other and a nice Resort Bus runs every 15 min between them or walk from the Beach is 5-7 min from one end to other.

Nice Snorkeling at the Beach...

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

If you are planning to stay just around the resort, then have a look at the Iberostar complex (not Tucan/Quetzal, that's in Playacar), Barcelo and the Palladium (my personal favourite of the 3 with no dinner reservations at the many a la cartes and I think quite good food for an AI even at the buffet) I think that size matters when you are planning on spending the majority of your time at the resort and you still have the option of a collectivo ride into Playa for the day.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

I would definitely look at Dreams Riviera Cancun.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,249 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

most all your questions are explained in Top Questions

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive family friendly resort

Hi , we have just returned from the area , where my wife, son, daughter & myself had the best time in the Riu Tequilla playa del Carmen , It is a great stop, with the most beautiful beach & friendly staff. The food is better than good & you have the opinion of choosing to have breakfast & lunch at another three Riu resorts all with in walking distance to the Tequilla . They have all the pools & activities to make everyone happy kids & adults. I would back no problems at all.