We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-Booking Tours

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
119 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-Booking Tours

Hi everyone,

Lots of great info on the forum. Wondering if there are any issues with booking your tours once you arrive in the Mayan? Or would you recommend going online prior to your vacation?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

We have never booked ahead of arrival, usually preferring to decide once we are at the resort. We check out what is available on-line before we leave so that we have some ideas. Last visit we completely changed our minds once we arrived.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,577 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

Many of the tours can be made at the last minute. Tours like Edventure, Jungle Place or Yucatreks should be made in advance. It's true, when you first get to Playa the heat and humidity make you real lazy, so much fun to just relax. About the 3rd day you get acclimated and start looking for things to do.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
119 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

Thanks janidd. I can relate, there are so many options!

Chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

Hi, I would say book ahead of time. It is cheaper. We went with Grayline Cancun. Our trip was to Chichen Itza. We rode with 8 other people in a clean Mercedes Van. Drinks before and after, wonderful tour, gourmet lunch. I mean you can have it all. Delish, delish!

I wish we would of went to Tulum also.

Call OMar or email him, tell him Shannon sent you and he will give you 10%off. Amazing staff, you will not be disappointed!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

What kind of tours and when and for how many people are you considering ? These answers can make quite a difference to your trip . Two people can very often be added to a group but less flex with larger groups . Many destinations can be done on your own as well . Enjoy your trip .

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
119 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

There are just two of us for two weeks. We are staying at the Catalonia Maroma so thought we'd take the coletivo to Puerto Morelos, Akumal, Tulum, Playa del Carmen of course not all on the same day! Would also like to take the ferry over to Cozumel & do a tour to Chichen Itza. Of course we want to relax and enjoy the beach as well LOL!

Edited: 08 December 2012, 16:16
Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

I have done it both ways and would never book ahead of time again. You have two weeks pleanty of time to get there then decide what and what day you want to go. My favorite tour was - The Jungle Maya Adventure here is the link to there web site: http://www.alltournative.com/

8. Re: Pre-Booking Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:16