We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive- Beer Variety

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive- Beer Variety

Hi Everyone,

We're looking to book an all-inclusive for February. We are beer drinkers and find that most AIs in Mexico seem to only offer Dos Equis. We are hoping to find a resort that has a few selections so we don't tire of the same beer every night. Any suggestions?

Illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

Most carry either Dos Equis or Corona on tap but usually not both. Most good AI's will have bottled or canned beer in your room, usually Sol or Presidente. That being said, not sure that I know which resorts have which. I would suggest pm'ing someone who has just come back from a resort you are considering and asking them.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

Just back from Sandos Playacar and they had Sol and Dos XX. I have yet to visit a resort that has Corona.

Bloomfield, New York
Level Contributor
292 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

same as hagler for me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

The Iberostar Grand has around 20+ different kinds of beer. We were very surprised and quite happy with the selection.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

The Grand's beer menu is undergoing changes at the moment as the entire complex changes distributors. They are shifting from Dos XX to Sol and the available beers changed almost daily sadly they no longer have Modelo, Negra Modelo, Leon, Victoria, Modelo Light and several others.

nik

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

As a beer drinker I can say that a week of tap beer is terrible. I also question that it may be low alcohol content so guests don't get too noisy. I can understand that they can't have bottles around the pool, but most don't even offer cans. Sometimes I get a 12 pack in town because its cheap and I can only drink so much tap

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
701 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

Drink more tequila!

Peace

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

I believe Barcelo had Corona on tap a few years ago.

Sandos Playacar as Dos Equis on tap, and in the mini bar has cans of Dos Equis and Sol. If you have Select Club the Premium Lounge has bottles of Dos Equis, Sol, Tecate and Tecate Light.

Bridgewtaer MA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

I too am a beer drinker as well. Is there a place where a case of American beers can be purchased and is the price similar to here in the USA?

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive- Beer Variety

@Bernie P, You're right, most Mexican beers have a lower alcohol content than American beer