We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Your best tip etc. for RPDC

My husband and I will be at the RPDC in about 5 weeks for our honeymoon, and we're super excited! I've been on the forums daily trying to learn all I can about the resort (my hubby thinks I'm crazy and should wait and be surprised lol). Do you have any tips regarding the resort? Or perhaps what was your favourite thing about the resort? I just want to enjoy everything the resort has to offer :)

Thanks!

Alliance, Ohio
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Gem08, My husband and I have been the RPDC every summer for the past 6 years and absolutely LOVE THE PLACE. Not sure I can pinpoint any ONE favorite thing about it. The staff are AMAZING, the food is good, the rooms are beautiful. Just remember to relax and enjoy yourself. We can not wait to get back there this summer and see everyone, as they always seem to remember us and welcome us back. When you walk into town just ignore the store clerks trying to get you into their stores unless you want to go in and DO NOT talk to anyone in the airport once you clear customs until you get outside the airport to your transfer company (they are all timeshare people and it will take precious vacation time away). THe Royal is absolutely the best and Im sure you will have a great time. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Thanks TuffyW! I am really excited and am trying to prepare now. Thanks for your advice :)

Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

We were there two years ago and are returning in March'13 and I like you read everything I could about the resort beforehand and I was still amazed!!! Every day I was there I loved it more and more. The staff are just wonderful, food delicious and the rooms exceptional!! Check out the activities schedule that you will be given at check-in and I encourage you to participate, even the bicycle tour was fun!! Also the spa is amazing. Enjoy!!!!

Plymouth, PA
Level Contributor
826 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Where do I Start...:)

#1 - Use this link for the RPDC Map

https:/…rpdc_rooms.pdf

It is a little dated - But it will still give you a Good Overview...

#2 - Use the 48 Hora Check In - If you can...

You MUST HAVE AN RJS OCEAN VIEW OR BETTER To Do This...

To Be Continued...Depending On Your Answer...

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

We did have spa massages, but also great massages outside resort, across from Asian restaurant. Cannot remember name of place but we prob went 5times collectively.

Texas
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

We honeymooned there in 2008 and LOVED it! In fact it's the top contender for my 30th bday trip this August.

When we stayed the hydrotherapy circuit/spa was included, make sure you try it out if you can. We followed the order that is on the signs in the spa area and felt so relaxed after every step!

Our favorite restaurant was Asiana, I gained so much weight eating their spring rolls, chicken/pineapple salad & fried ice cream. Hopefully they still have some of this on their menus to try!

They also had aromotherapy oil they would light at turndown if you wanted, I don't know if they still offer that for free but we picked the fruity/tropical scent and it was AMAZING.

Have a great time!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Canadianvacationer- i'm already planning on bringing running shoes in anticipation of the bike tour! i love resort activities :)

TedG- we have booked an jr suite oceanview and I've stared at the map on more than one occasion. We are hoping for a top floor room, king bed, with a hammock :)

i"ve been in touch with the romance concierge and they are going to pick a room for us- but we still have the option to override it when we check in 48 hrs prior. Has anyone else done this?

CowtownCalgary- i've been dreaming about a massage on the beach for months!

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

KelliAndDoug- hydrotherapy circuit sounds wonderful! Let's hope my hubby will actually do it too lol. And I love Asian food! Just the thought of spring rolls is making me hungry now. I was wondering about the aromatherapy oil! Glad to hear the fruity/tropical scent is nice.

I'm looking forward to turndown- but I've read mixed review about people not consistently receiving it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

I had put my room request in with the romance concierge weeks before our arrival and was pleased that we got the room requested.

If you want to see any of the evening shows, be sure to arrive well before the start if you want to get a seat. They fill up quickly.

bc canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your best tip etc. for RPDC

Send your husband out very early to get your towels and lounge chairs around the pool.