We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation with children under 10

Saint Louis...
8 posts
Save Topic
family vacation with children under 10

We are thinking of family vacation this summer, with a 6 y/o and a 9 y/o. Thoughts on things to do and also on Sandos playacar resort? thanks!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
416 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation with children under 10

You should look at: Dreams Puerto Aventuras so much for you to do as a family - small resort easy to keep a watch on the kids, outstanding food and service. There is pleanty of reviews for you to read.

Saint Louis...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation with children under 10

thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family vacation with children under 10

There are other resorts that people could suggest if you had specific questions and requests. Sandos Playacar would also be fine - we liked the Haciendas because each Hacienda has a small pool which was an added feature for times of day when we wanted quiet relaxation. Other visitors in our Hacienda would also sit at the private pool while their little one napped - a great option if you have a lower unit in the Hacienda because your sliding glass door could be kept open or partially open so you could hear if your small child woke up. Plenty for kids to do at the resort as well.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family vacation with children under 10

We have been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras twice and Sandos Caracol 3 times. I would vote for Caracol because way, way, way more for the kids to do. I did like the Explorers Club at Dreams, and the cove nature of Puerto Aventuras, but the kids club at Sandos is second to none. Plus the water park and authentic xcalacoco shows. And the animals and the bike paths. my kids vote is for Caracol.

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family vacation with children under 10

I agree with rubyq~ we had a great time at Sandos Caracol. We took 4 kids(5,5,7,9) they had so much fun!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family vacation with children under 10

Check out Sandos Caracol! I'm with Rubyq and LoJo 100%. Sandos Caracol is a kid's paradise.

Austintown, Ohio...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: family vacation with children under 10

Hello skemo,

If you are interested in Sandos resorts please contact me. My wife and I are members of the Sandos Royal Elite vacation club I can really give you a lot of information about the resorts and can also get you a great deal on a vacation. Feel free to send me a message if you would like more information.

Thank you,

Mike Phillips

8. Re: family vacation with children under 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:18