We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Topic
Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Has anyone stayed at both resorts? I'm looking at March vacation options, and surprisingly these two are coming in at the same price right now.

We've been to the RH once before and loved it, but at that time it was less expensive than BD. I'm torn between taking this opportunity to try somewhere new (with huge, gorgeous rooms, nice looking beach and great reviews) or return to a place where we had outstanding service and the best resort food we've enjoyed anywhere.

Would love to hear from anyone who's experienced both. Thanks!

Edited: 27 January 2013, 02:23
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

I would offer to help you out but I am going to both of them in April. I'll just wait to see where you decide to go in March and wait for your next report! Hopefully someone else will assist. I know one of the very recent BD reviews was written by someone who has been to both. Perhaps you could send her a pm for more information on her thoughts.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Oh, really? I think I read that review but I hadn' t noticed. I'll go back and read it again. Thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Thanks for the suggestion, nevera. That reviewer was very quick to get back to me with her comparison of the two.

Anyone else?

ny
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

And?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

I don't want to copy and paste her comments without her permission, but in summary she said she would return to Blue Diamond but not to Royal Hideaway. We did not experience any of the shortcomings at RH that she did during her stay, so we're still considering both for March.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Mykel,

I read about a dozen reviews for BD and my thoughts are that it might not offer enough variety as far as dining options if you are going for a whole week. I also don't care for the fact the rooms are a bit far (one reviewer said about a 7 minute walk) from the beach. As my as I would love for you to check it out and report back to us, my personal inclination is to stick with what you know - and I know how much you had enjoyed RH.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

The pictures of the beach front casita do look very nice. I'm not sure how much of an upcharge they are.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Good points, PAMichelle. I love a quiet resort, but from the photos I've seen there's something a little sterile, almost ghostly about BD. A long walk to the beach and an upcharge for room service are additional (small) concerns.

And we have NEVER gone back to the same resort twice (just always liked the excitement of trying somewhere new), so the fact that we would really like to return to RH is saying something...

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

Yes and normally the surcharge for room service wouldn't bother me as we rarely order it. However at this resort, with limited dining choices, we would be much more inclined to make use of it.

10. Re: Blue Diamond vs Royal Hideaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 05:18