We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

Budapest, Hungary
4 posts
Save Topic
Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

Hello,

Is there any safe hiking trail from Occidental Grand Xcaret to reach nearby beaches?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

A recent review stated that you can enter the beach near the Royal Cub, turn left, walk for five minutes and you will come upon a beautiful, empty beach. We will be looking for this next week.

Budapest, Hungary
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

I wonder why others do not post about nice beaches nearby. What I read was always about the small man made beach with no sunbeds.

We will be there in 2 weeks.

Do you have any tips for taxis, tours,,,?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

I understand what you are saying. A review was posted two days ago that mentioned the access path to the nicer beach. We have never been there so we will check things out after we arrive. Other than using USA Transfers to get to the resort, we don't have any tours planned.

Budapest, Hungary
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

We are going to leave 23 February. If you are back before, please share your experience here. Thank you!

Boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

I think it's more than a 5 minute walk, more like 20 minutes. Keep in mind you'll be walking over very rough, rocky terrain, you'll need good shoes.

Budapest, Hungary
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

Thank you!

I hope this hotel will be a nice place all in all.

Aubrey, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

I am searching for this exact thing. Please let me know if you were able to find the trail and what kind of terrain it was. We're not afraid of a little rocks and sand. It looks like there is a defined trail through the brush to a beautiful spot. can't wait to hear your response. Thanks.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

When we were there a few years ago, my family started on the rocks at the end of the lagoon (by the ocean) and just started walking along the rocks/coral until we came to a nice sandy area to swim in. Definitely more than 5 minutes - probably closer to 20-25.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

We are going to Occidental Xcaret during the last week of Sept, first week of Oct 2013. Needless to say we are looking forward to it. As far as I can gather the "natural beach" is approx 700m north of the "man made beach" at the resort according to Google Earth. In fairness one must cross rocky areas along the coast to access the real beach which looks quite secluded.

I have to say I have cringed at many of the reports on T.Advisor about the hotel beach. So many people moaning about it being man made and small. Do the same people not research their accomodation. It seems they dont as several reviews seem shocked at the fact that the resort is not within walking distance of PDC and the fact that it has a small beach. Others lashing the hotel due to the insects and lizards etc that inhabit the hotel grounds which is built into a coastal jungle. My advise is of you want such a hotel dont book one that is on the fringes of a tropical jungle. A little reasearch goes a long way.

10. Re: Trails to nearby beaches form Occidental Grand Xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:19