We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/condo?

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/condo?

A young couple in their late 20's I know asked me where they should stay for a week in the Mayan Riviera.

I've been there many times and have always stayed all-inclusives, so I don't know much about the hotels in town and condos.

They have a budget of 500-700, but will go up to 1000. for a week. This is for both of them (not each), and are looking for the week of April 22-29.

Thanks.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/condo?

I think they would really like Hotel Luna Blue www.lunabluehotel.com

Although not on the beach they do have a swimming pool, free beach passes and more importantly it will fit their budget. Check the Trip Advisor for recent reviews.

If they are booked than look at Hotel Lab Nah www.labnah.com

The Fusion Hotel is on the beach,but the rooms with a view are pretty noisy at night because the band plays until about 3 AM. But the garden rooms are quiet, and may fit their budget. www.fusionhotelmexico.com

Hotel Aventura Mexicana Calle 24 Nte Entre Av 5 y 10 may or may not fit the budget.

http://www.aventuramexicana.com/

Edited: 26 February 2013, 16:52
Mentioned in this post
Luna Blue Hotel
Luna Blue Hotel
958 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/condo?

They could also take the ADO bus to Playa del Carmen for about $12 apiece, to save a little money. Another $4 taxi ride to Luna Blue or Aventura. They could easily walk to Lab Nah or the Fusion.

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/condo?

Thanks OldTrav,

What do you get with the beach passes? A chair on the beach????

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/condo?

They're saying they want a kitchenette in the hotel. Any ideas where they might have this? Luna Blue?

They are on a severe budget.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/condo?

Some of the rooms at Luna Blue have kitchenettes.

Also check out Club Yebo.

Mentioned in this post
Club Yebo
Club Yebo
339 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel/condo?

You get two beach chairs, an umbrella and the hotel supplies the beach towels. It is expected that you purchase food and drinks from the beach club. You can bring your own food and drinks to the beach in a cooler but you have to spread your towel on the sand. The beach is free to anyone to use. There are numerous inexpensive restaurants to choose from. Mega Mart and convenience stores are close by. The web sites I gave you will spell out the amentiies provided. Playa can be a very economical place to vacation.

New England
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel/condo?

Condo imho. would never look at an AI or even most hotels.

Check out http://www.clubyebo.com/

or

http://www.mayabrichotel.com/

Otherwise for condos just go to VRBO

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…playa-del-carmen

If I were in my late 20's and looking for an hotel close to the action, I would second OT3's recommendation of Fusion. Great vibe!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
269 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel/condo?

Look on VBRO or airbnb. For our trip two weeks ago, I rented a two bedroom condo on 10th Ave for $150/night plus cleaning, so they shouldn't have any problems with their price range if they're looking for a studio or one bedroom. It was SO NICE to have a washing machine to do laundry, though the place didn't have a dryer (I guess this is common) so we hung our clothes on the drying rack. It was great to also have a kitchenette for quick, casual breakfasts, and the fridge to store our water & juice.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 21:41
9. Re: Hotel/condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:17