We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

bocaratonFL
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Noticed that Melia/Paradisus dropped their pricing on these resorts, you can get a better price direct now than with the Wholesalers, check out their home page.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

I noticed that the Canadian agencies (Sunwing, TripCentral, AirTransat, etc.) also dropped their rates for those resorts just this week-- at least $300 p/p for the week I was looking at.

Still, it doesn't come close to the great deal I got through SkyAuction of $270 per night. By putting together my own package and flying out of Detroit, I'm able to save almost $2000 for the two of us and thumb my nose at the March Break price gougers here in Ontario. :)

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Thats a great deal Mykel67. I honestly feel like they were priced too high in the first place so I feel like they should have dropped the price. When I would play around with dates they were always higher than other adults only all inclusives that I feel are more high end.

bocaratonFL
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Hi Mykel, I got a similar deal with Skyauction, (love them). Last year I got a great deal to Grand Velas. Just wanted to give anyone interested a heads up. When I have read your comments about different resorts, our opinions are very similar. I will be watching for what you say about La Perla, enjoy!!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Hola la8checkout. Have you won La Perla on Skyauctions lately? I knew I had seen your name somewhere before, then I read your post here. Didn't take long to put 2&2 together. (it's been quite a while since I have visited the forums)

I have been keeping a close watch on the last 4 or 5 auctions to the La Perla (I bid on a few here & there) but unfortunately the bids/wins keep going higher & higher.

I have been using Skyauvtions for well over two years now. I can't find anything comparable out there in terms of the incredible savings. Granted it's not for everyone but so far it's been so worth the risk for us. What was your best win w/ them? I love to hear about the incredible deals that people actually won w/ them.

bocaratonFL
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Hola Hail, great to hear from you! Yes, I did get La Perla on there, I got it for

$294, not the best price but we split our trip up and only needed a few days so the few bucks difference per night didn't add up to a lot, We got Grand Velas for $375, Paradisus Cancun for the Royal Hideaway for, $275. I have only been using them for just over a year now, You are so right about all your tips, keep up the GREAT work and enjoy!!!!

bocaratonFL
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Sorry computer glitch, Paradisis Cancun, $150.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Good for you La8!!! We were just confirmed for our dates at Hacienda Tres Rios, going in June, hope we like it. So incredibly happy to finally get back to Playa or there about. We haven't been since May of 2011. (my husband became ill for quiet sometime so we had to skip 2012's annual trip, he is doing well now)

Still pending for our Sandos Luxury win, keeping our fingers crossed, if it's a no go then I will try La Perla again. (HTR $100 pp pn & Sandos $116 pp pn) I have been watching both of our recent wins & I could have saved a few bucks on HTR for sure but no sense crying about it now. I's not worth the negative thoughts at this point. Just happy to be getting away & saving some serious cash in the process. Now if I could just stop reading the reviews. Boy that's hard to do.

bocaratonFL
Level Contributor
204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

Hi Red, glad to hear about your upcoming trip to HTR, and of course that your husband is doing better! Not too many ppl go in June, but we love going that time of year, I am sure you will have a blast. Hopefully our paths will cross again, and since you seem so nice, I won't bid on anything that you are trying for, Travel well, and often!!!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

People keep driving up the rates on Sky Auction to the point that you can actually get it cheaper on different travel sites. Especially at La Perla.I always go great deals on Grand Velas but they are no longer participating. I also have done Sandos Cancun, but for what the bis are going for now, that resort is so NOT worth it. I paid 30 per night with the added 49, but no way would I pay the price it is being driven up to now. People are getting carried away with bidding and not looking at the resort.

10. Re: If your interested in La Perla/ La Esmeralda,,,,,,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 07:16