We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours: Which company is the best?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tours: Which company is the best?

Hi! I am preparing for a trip to Playa in a few weeks and we are looking at booking some tours (snorkeling, ATVs, cenotes, ruins, etc.) We want to hit the usual tourist-y stuff. What is the best copmany for booking these tours? We want a good price, but also want to make sure we are not booking somewhere that will suck us into a time share presentation. Any thoughts would be great thanks!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

I wish we only had a few weeks, I'm more like a few months but can't wait. I'm looking for the same suggestions but I'll have my kids this time around (4 and 5 year old) I'm planning on going private so if the kids miss behave we don't bother others trying to enjoy there vacation. So far reading reviews (no first hand knowledge) Edventure tours looks amazing and fellow TripAdvisor reviews are great. I'd check them out in the meantime I'm also looking for advice about the young ones.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

My opinion may be scewed because I've only used one but we use them every year and its one of the best days of our vacations every year.

Edventure Tours.

http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

Taco nice use of there slogan :) since you have used them numerous times have you ever noticed young children? Particularly in the water where the turtles are? Thank you for your thoughts

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

I will second the opinion of Edventure Tours. The absolute BEST company to deal with and the best day of any trip I have ever had.

As far as young children? Edventure tours caters to all age groups.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

lol I had no idea that was their slogan thats funny but perfect.

As the poster above said, they cater to all ages. They will customize your day however you want.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

I've looked at Edventure and they seem to have a lot for a reasonable price. What tours have you done? We are looking at the Xtreme tour as it see,s to cover all bases: snorkeling, cenotes, atvs, etc.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

I love it when people recommend Edventure Tours because I am really hoping to book them for our summer trip if/when we book.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

Last year I did everything because I took my son and it was his first time. When its just me and my wife we just usually mix and match different activities that we want to do.

If you email them, Eds wife(Bonnie) will respond quickly and you can let her know what you want and dont want to do. We also always do a private tour just because we like to go at our own pace and not worry about taking to long doing a certain activity and feel bad because someone in the party is waiting on us or waiting for other people because they like a certain thing and spend more time than we would.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

Again I will second everything Tacopants mentioned above.

Bonnie is super great to deal with! And getting a private guide was awesome because they will let you do everything at your own pace. And the best part about having the private guide IMO was not having to deal with anyone elses kids or groups for that matter. I would also highly recomend renting one of their underwater cameras for the day also. Your guide will take hundreds of pics for you and then put them on a cd for you to take home at the end of the day.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 16:43
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours: Which company is the best?

Thanks for confirming what every one has been saying about this place!!!! It look amazing. Now I only have two problems 1: too many nights to count yet. 2: listen to my wife who found Edventure before me, now she gets to brag about being the one who pick '' the best day of our vacation '' ….... Thanks again for everything guys