We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Becomes Hell

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Becomes Hell

That is the headline in the Respuesta newspaper about the fire at the Viceroy Hotel early Sunday.

The fire destroyed six villas and took firemen several hours to control. Apparently at one stage , they ran out of water.

Fortunately, no guests were injured but, according to the article several firemen had minor injuries but were treated at the scene by the Red Cross.

diariorespuesta.com.mx/01012013/index.php…

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Becomes Hell

Glad everyone got out safely. What a nightmare.

Aldie, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Becomes Hell

Was this at the Viceroy Riviera Maya? We are going there later this month and I had no idea this had happened.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Becomes Hell

thank you for providing this info, Robert. You are an invaluable contributor to these forums.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Becomes Hell

Yes, I believe it was the Viceroy Riviera Maya, pg. I would think all is back to normal now and should be no problem.

5. Re: Hotel Becomes Hell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:17