We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

West Midlands
Level Contributor
454 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Hi there

I will be travelling to PDC in June and was wondering if there is any papers that I will need to complete on arrival in the airport e.g. imigration papers. If so are these given out on the plane or at the airport or is there a website where I can download the papers before we go?

Many thanks for any information x

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,437 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

there are papers given out on the plane. You'll have plenty of time to fill out while still in flight. Bring a pen with you!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

If you go to http://cancunmap.com/ and down at the bottom left you'll see Mexican Tourist Card and Mexican Customs Card. Look at them, even download and practice filling them in. They can get a bit confusing for some.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
454 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Thank you both for your information. Its always good to be prepared. Will have a look at forms now and will make sure I pack enough pens for my party. Many thanks x

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

When they inspect the document, they will give you part of it to keep with passport. DONT LOSE IT. You have to turn it in when you leave.

Good idea to come familiar with form. I had a case one JFK-CUN where they only had SPANISH LANGUAGE FORMS. I managed. Its just easier to fill out on plane. Do it as soon as they hand it out, be CAREFUL and make sure it is printed very legibly.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Thnak you for the link Bobfrombc! This site also has a great and understandable map of the airport! THANK YOU!!!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Make sure you complete the bottom of the form as well about your departure information. We saw people who hadn't done this and they were sent to the back of the line (and is was reaaalllyyyy long).

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Quick question - do you need one customs and one immegration form completed for each family member? We are travelling as a family of four - husband, wife, 2 kids under 12. Thanks! Too cold.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

One Immigration form per person, one customs form per family. We put the bottom of the Immigration form in our passport so we don't lose it.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Yeah they tell you if you have one and the same address, then you have one and the same customs form. But immigration always has to be one per person.

I have had the opposite experience: I am a naturalized Mexican citizen and almost never get forms in Spanish (if indeed they have the different immigration form I need at all!). Many times I find myself filling out a customs form in English to hand over with my Mexican passport...

No problems, though, because I almost always get to whiz by so many of you waiting in the extranjeros line. :-D

Steve

Edited: 01 April 2013, 19:55
United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,838 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any papers to fill out on arrival at Mexico

Just got back from PDC. They ran out of forms on the airplane. Handed them to us as we exited the plane and everyone flew to the windowsills and started filling them out. I heard one of the passengers say to their friends... "Keep walking, lets get in line and fill them out there." (that was smart, good idea). Also remember that the dates are different (to fill out) than in the U.S. You put.... day, month and year. (in that order.....its a "thinker!").