We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

Tyler, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

We are going to Secrets Maroma in May and they suggest you use Amstar for transportaion. We are a group of 6. Has anyone had any experiences with them? Thanks for any help!

Soy La Pesera
Taxis & Shuttles
Caribe Viaggi
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Archaeology Tours
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

Amstar is the ground company that Apple Vacations uses. We have had the pleasure of their transportation services in Cancun/Riviera Maya/ Punta Cana and have never had a problem.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 02:42
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

Expensive compared to the other popular trusted private transfer companies such as Canada, USA, AGI, or Cancun transfers

Why do you ask - where did you hear about them

Edited: 06 April 2013, 03:12
Tyler, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

That is who Secrets Maroma suggests you use. I agree, they are much more expensive. I think I will use USA or cancun valet. Thanks for the input.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

Our trip advisor went through apple for amstar $100.00 private transfer up to 8 people round trip not bad we are leaving in a wk , Does anybody know how do they find you at the airport do they hold your name up

Normal, Illinois
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

I would just look for the Apple Reps outside. But maybe some knows otherwise - is there an actual Amstar counter in the airport?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

We were always directed by the apple reps. Sorry, wish I could tell you more.

7. Re: Has anyone used Amstar for airport transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:17