We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA Transfers

California
Level Contributor
96 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
USA Transfers

Could somebody tell me how the whole process works?

I know that I have to make a reservation online, provide the flight information and so on, as well as pay the full price in cash for a round trip at arrival. However, I couldn't find any information on how the return transfer will work like. Like I mentioned, you pay in cash upon arrival for the round trip, but what guarantee do I have that there will be a car waiting for me at return?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA Transfers

Guess its a bit of a leap of faith but they do have 1000's of happy customers, and many of them are regular posters here.

California
Level Contributor
96 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USA Transfers

Indeed, this company has many happy travelers, and that is the reason I took it into consideration for a possible transfer; however, I would like to know how it actually works before booking it. I am not questioning the company's integrity by any means, just wondering how it actually works.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USA Transfers

Youve pretty much described how it works.

Same with canada transfers too

Florida
Level Contributor
784 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA Transfers

We have used USA transfers on most of our trips to Mexico. Once you have pd. the driver he calls in your payment and proceeds to your hotel. Along the way he will inform you of your pick up time for your return trip to the airport. They have always been outside waiting when we are ready to leave. It always seems they give us a pick up time that is way too early but when we get to the airport we realize they were right. Have a great vacation and from our experiences you are in good hands.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 05:24
California
Level Contributor
96 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USA Transfers

Thank-you for your help, I really appreciate it!

United States
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USA Transfers

We just used USA last week. USA Transfers is a top notch company. When you arrive, you walk out of the airport doors and USA Transfers will be there holding up signs...you can't miss them. They tell you to stand "over there" and a car or van is there to pick you up within 3 minutes. Zipping down highway 307 they ask you if you want to stop at a 7-11. When you get to your hotel, you pay dollars or pesos (whatever you prefer). Tip the guy.

So... To sum up the whole process....you will receive a confirmation email just before you leave from home. If everything is the same and you have no change in flight numbers or times, you don't have to answer it. Then they send you another confirmation email the day before you go back home. Same thing. Don't answer it, if all is correct. Our guy was EXACTLY on time to pick us up at our hotel and take us back to the airport. No problem. And, of course you need to tip him too. Hope this helps.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 05:28
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: USA Transfers

They send you a separate email confirmation for arrival and departure. the departure has your pick up time and all their contact info and states if they are not there after 7 minutes to call and if they cannot complete the transfer as listed they will pay for a taxi, but only if you call. This is as much as I really know as my trip is next month. Just email them if you have any questions, they are quite personable and professional. reservations@entertainment-plus.net. I expect you can just ask the driver who drops you off exactly where you will be picked up. Best price I found and such good reviews, I wouldn't (didn't) have any concerns at all. Happy travels!

California
Level Contributor
96 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: USA Transfers

Wow, thanks for the detailed information, I am ready to book it now :)

By the way, how much did you tip the driver? If you don't mind me asking you :) I never been to Mexico, and I would like to know what is considered a good tip? Thanks a lot!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,027 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: USA Transfers

and if you are from Canada , you can pay in that currency

(PS Edit you profile and tell us your home)

I tip $5 per person each way ( maybe a little extra if they help you with luggage, take to you, stop at 7/11 or Oxxo )

Don't forget to offer to buy a dring for the driver)

Edited: 07 April 2013, 05:38
California
Level Contributor
96 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: USA Transfers

:) great tip!