We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from RPDC

Boston...
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Live from RPDC

Coming to you live from the RPDC. Does anyone have any questions?

Save Reply
1. Re: Live from RPDC

Lucky you! May 11 can't come soon enough! How bad is the construction noise at the quiet pool? Whats the best non surcharge tequila they have?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
269 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from RPDC

My bf and I were there April 6-13th. We loved the Don Julio at the Lobby bar :)

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from RPDC

How is the sparking wine (champagne)? What room are you in? How is the WiFi?

51 days for us!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from RPDC

How close are you to the construction that's going on in the lot to the North of RPDC? We'll be there in August, we were hoping to try out the new Chichen (building closest to the Coffe House & smaller pool) wing but I deal with a lot of construction @ work and it's the last thing I want to hear or see while on vacation.

Let me know if you try out the new Martini Bar that's in the main lobby, my friend & I are trying to figure out if they have a menu. It is such a minor detail but for some reason it's bugging us.

Enjoy your trip!! 95 days for us!!!!!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
199 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from RPDC

The wifi has been slow at times but really no problem connecting. As for the construction. It is Sunday and no construction today. I will check on that tomorrow. Have not had the sparkling wine. Mostly a beer drinker.

The new lobby bar is great. It is a full service bar.. Waiting to noon for the tequila to start flowing... Will let you know in a few hours. In a room right outside of the main pool. Great spot. Walk right outside and into the pool.

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from RPDC

I too, even 51 days out, am waiting for the tequila to start flowing!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from RPDC

I am here right now as we'll, but just two nights and leave tomorrow. Great food and property. Bartenders are very unfriendly. Lack any personality.

As for the martini bar - I can't find it. I asked one staff and he didn't know what I was talking about but then pointed to the Lobby bar. I just asked a bartender in the lobby bar and he said they do not have one. However, they do have martini tasting.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
860 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from RPDC

ZsaZsa.. maybe Royal Cancun for the Martini bar??

Craven.. no ?s except could you please have several drinks for me..I am missing The Royal.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from RPDC

Strange. the website for RPDC clearly says:

NEW! MARTINI CORNER BAR: Serving some of the finest martinis and other popular drinks favored by guests from around the world

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,487 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from RPDC

I just can't seem to find it, if they indeed do have a martini bar. Even the staff doesn't know about it. I wonder since they have martini tasting, they consider themselves having a "bar" for that time of the tasting?