We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Hello.

Do the men have to wear long pants at the restaurants at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya?

Thank you.

San Diego
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

I've heard that they (we) do, but have never been. We'll be there May 15 - 20; would like to hear from people who've actually been.

Also, are flip flops or sandals okay if wearing long pants?

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Buffet you can wear nice shorts for dinner. Tshirts ok but not tank tops. Sandals ok. Rius keep "flipflopping" re dress code for the a la cartes so I don't know what it is today. In December some were ok with shorts. At the RPMexico in December it was longs in buffet and Krystal only. In January they'd changed it back to pre-renos to shorts ok only in the Steakhouse. Take a pair or two of trousers with you to be on the safe side. Maybe someone who was there recently can comment. I do know that Rius were planning on making all restaurants shorts acceptable in the Palaces come this summer but again, that could have changed.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Best bet is to take trousers and ask when you make the reservation. Also ask about the buffet. We were shocked that one of the Riu properties in Playa del Carmen required long pants for the buffet! Ridiculous!

Leeds West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
274 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Not in the buffet but long pants in the speciality restaurant , s

Havent seen any rain in 14 days fetch high factor sun cream.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

In December 2012 it was long pants for men only in Krystal and the Japanese. Shirts with sleeves in all restaurants, and I don't think I've ever seen any regulations on shoes. When are you going? We'll be there (hopefully) from May 28 to June 5.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

So looks like they've gone back to what they used to be and what it says on riu.com. Thanks Deb, I was sure it was Krystal and Japanese only but was too lazy to go searching. Nichollschessie - what about the Steakhouse? longs or shorts? Used to be shorts were ok there.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Bob, lol I actually cheated by looking at CDL Vancouver's review in December. He had a picture of the dress codes and one of the theme nights at the buffet.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

I think it was changed back to pants at the ala cartes and still shorts at buffet. Cant be certain though as we didnt go to an ala carte this go round for our recent april trip

Edited: 22 April 2013, 00:22
Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Wow, why can't they make up their minds??? I don't think it''s ever been long pants required at the Steakhouse though. Especially now through the summer would be ridiculous to wear long pants.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Palace Riviera Maya Dress code for restaurants

Nearly lost my coffee on that one Deb. lol Crazy Chris, sounds like Maria changed the RPRM back as well. Did you get down to the RPM?