We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach at the ocean maya royale h10

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
beach at the ocean maya royale h10

hi can any one tell me what the beach is like one review says its not the best . as the beach is very important to us i don't want to book this hotel and then it be a let down we have picked the riu yucatan as well we can not decide so any feed back would be great thank you

Quincy...
Level Contributor
200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

BUMP!!! I would love to hear feedback on this too. Has the beach improved?

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

The beach was pretty nice when we were there. Only trouble is a lot of the beaches that we have been to, and we have been to many, is sea grass washing up due to the reefs. For me not a big deal as I lived in San Diego for 5 years and was used to kelp and weeds on the beach.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

It is not one of your finer beaches in the area, a lot of it was washed away in the big hurricane a few years back and hasn't recovered, but I will stress that it isn't a really bad beach either, but it is the one reason I would not go back to this resort, the water can be murky, not that turquoise color of the caribbean. You can see some of my pics at this link......

https:/…101359640010847832291

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

Not an amazing beach no.. Resort was amazing though and there are more adjoining beaches you can walk along .. A nice lagoon not too far away either where you can snorkel anytime and the water goes that turquoise color. There are better beaches in the area but I would absolutely recomment this resort.. Even a second time around

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

Hi,

Take a look at the pics here from Leonardito

leonardito.com/ocemay1304n/ocemay1304.php

California
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

We just returned on Wednesday and the beach was perfect when we were there. Granted, the beach to the left of the boardwalk wasn't as good, but on the right side, it was beautiful. I have some nice pics, message me if you want to see them. I did notice that on the last 2 days, it was even prettier so perhaps changing winds can affect the colors. The sand was soft, entry was nice and there was no debris. We did notice the beaches around OMR were much worse. Matter of fact, the Blue Bay's beach was hideous! Rocky, with a big drop off about 4-5 feet before the waters edge. I would not have been happy on that beach at all.

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
889 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

If the beach were very important to me, I wouldn't even consider the Ocean Maya. The Riu properties are on a beautiful stretch of beach in Playacar.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

Any updates on this topic we like a beach but the hotel and standards are more important. Can anyone give advice on which is best ??

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

Any beach there is better than the beaches back home as far as I'm concerned! Unless you already live in a tropical paradise, then don't bother going!

Edited: 23 October 2013, 17:33
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach at the ocean maya royale h10

We are headed back to OMR in 3 wks for our 3rd visit. Plenty of nice beach to walk south towards Maroma & Grand Velas, shorter stroll north to Tres Rios for snorkeling where the freshwater empties to the sea. Beachfront center has a seawall and nice chairs set up behind it at the resort itself. It's not the Tulum beach for sure, but it's nice for this 3+ star location, especially if you head south for a walk.