We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, British...
2 posts
Save Topic
Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a few of the threads listed in the FAQs on the right, and since we will be landing so late I'm a little concerned about whether I will be able to catch the ADO bus to Cancun for overnight stay. We have an apartment rented in Playa for 2 weeks through some friends' connections, but we thought it would be a good idea to stay the night in Cancun and head to Playa the next day. I was debating renting a car for the two weeks we are there since our accommodations are so reasonable and it would be great to explore on our own, but I am hesitant to do so now after reading all of the things that have happened to tourists when renting. I'm also nervous with the taxis because we speak barely any Spanish and I don't want to get ripped off for that reason. What do you suggest?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,927 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

The Last Bus to Playa seems like its at 11PM...A Taxi will run from 60 to 80USD to Playa. Just because you do not speak Spanish is not a valid reason for you being ripped off. Almost everyone at the Airport speaks English.

http://www.ado.com.mx/wadod/compra.jsp

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

Possible airport ADO buses to downtown Cancun are at 915 PM, 1015 PM and 1100 PM today and may change.

The near airport Courtyard Marriott has free transportation up to 1100 PM or so but verify.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 02:44
Victoria, British...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

Thanks for your replies.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,447 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

The last bus is at 11 and you will likely make it. Many places you can stay for the night near ADO in Cancun, which makes it easy to get to Playa the next day. Should you decide you want to stay near the airport in addition to the Marriott, you will also find a cheaper option, the Comfort Inn, which also offers free transportation from the airport.

Good thoughts from Dan regarding the Spanish.

5. Re: Landing late (9:15PM). ADO bus to Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:15