We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Royal Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Renfrew, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Royal Playa del Carmen

Hi folks just a wee message for those heading to the Royal. Just remember that while there is certainly a sickness bug here right now, there are hundreds of us who are just fine and enjoying a wonderful time as usual. Staff, service, sunshine and food all great as usual!

Scuba Andy

Renfrew, Scotland

fife
Level Contributor
615 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Thanks for that scuba andy. Not there till september so hoping its run its course by then. Hope you stay well. Enjoy your holiday

Dawn

Save Reply
2. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Thank you!!! Leaving next week, as well prepared as can be...but still worried, just needed some positive news, thanks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Enjoy reading the positive feedback. This whole debacle has caused tension between us and our travel friends but we aren't worried, we aren't headed there until the last week of July. Just in the last few days I've talked to numerous people who have just returned or are currently there and all reports have been great. Feeling positive!!!

Chicago 'burbs
Level Contributor
337 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Thank you for the reassurance!! I want to look forward to my trip, Instead of being anxious!

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Thank you so much for posting your positive message. I have read nothing but bad reports over the past couple of weeks and was seriously considering a change of accomodation. We are travelling out on the 30th 0f May so hopefully things are starting to improve and will get even better over the next few weeks.

I am also worried about the construction, is it as bad as some people are saying? Is it noisy by the pool?

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday, can't wait for some sunshine :-)

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

I will be there on the 30th. I am glad to read some positive reviews. Worried about the smell as well as the sickness. Hope it clears up.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Regarding the construction...you will never hear it by the main pool. However, it is very loud at the "quiet" pool near El Med.

Renfrew, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Re the construction work it cannot be heard at the main pool. The hotel is trying to accommodate everyone away from this area as it is very noisy there.

Scuba Andy

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

Awesome news! 26 days to o for us! We needed some positive words...thank you!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Royal Playa del Carmen

What's the construction? Is it the Royal or that property next door? And what is it going to be? Thanks!