We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

We are taking a short 4 night trip to the Valentin in August and I want to make sure I eat at the best places!!! :) I realize it all depends on individual preference but what are you favorite places to eat at VIM and what did you eat that you loved? In what order would you put your favorites? Sooo excited! Don't want to miss out on anything!!! Thank you so much!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Taman Sari - samosas, lamb vindaloo

L'Alsace - filet mignon (or chateaubriand, if they have it), creme brulee

Il Olivo - risotto

Ginger - sushi and sashimi

*drool, drool*

Fort Wayne...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

THank you!! I should have mentioned we do not like seafood/sushi either:( WISH WE DID!!! I hear it is amazing here!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

There's other stuff at Ginger - lots of people like the teppanaki (sp?) tables and rave about the deep fried ice cream for dessert.

At Il Olivo, they also serve a scrummy carpaccio - mmmmmmmmm!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

My husband & I have changed our favorites on each trip, I love the Pad Thai at Taman Sari and last year the pizza at II Olivo was down right amazing but no one else loved their dishes as much as I enjoyed my pizza. We also love La Hacienda every year and last year it was the best meal we had, the flaming tequila shimp (I think thats the name) were incredible & all of our dishes were great. I had beef fajitas and had them slice me up some jalapeno's in them...wonderful. They also brought out sombrero's for us all to take pictures in and did a small tequila tasting at our table but I don't think that's your typical dining experience. We haven't been to the French restaurant since 2009 so I don't remember much from there. Ginger & the steak house left a lot to be desired last year which was disspointing since Ginger had always been one of our favorites.

I still think my all time favorite dish is the shrimp w/chipotle sauce on the room service menu. It is very simple (shimp, semi spicy sauce, veggies & rice) but oh so good for some reason. My husband ate his weight in the chicken fajita wrap from the room service menu as well.

Have a great trip!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

I'm a steak and potato kind of kind so I'm eating beef and most of the Restaurants. Our favorite restaurants in order:

1) Alsace (french) Jim's number 1 the Baked Alaska is a treat

2) Taman Sari Jackie's number 1 and she loves the outdoor seating

3) Ginger both the teppenyaki and the main restaurant

4) Il Olive

Least favorite is the Mexican.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Steakhouse- be sure to the get the melted cheese! and the merlot sauce for the steak is to die for!

Italian- any of the pastas are delicious!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
614 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Definitely the steakhouse(Tierra) for Arrachera. Went back 3 times!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Italian - Mushroom risotto was outstanding.

French - Mushroom/Mussel Puff Pastry appetizer was amazing.

Indonesian - Lamb Vindaloo (wife loved it) - funky spices in my opinion.

I left off all of my items that had seafood in them as you stated that you do not enjoy it, but I had several appetizers/pizzas/meals with seafood that were all amazing.

WV
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

We enjoyed the arribiatta (spicy) sauce at the Italian a lot. My favorite was the lamb vindaloo at the Indonesian, tied with risotto at the Italian. Coconut helado and tres leche cake were my favorite desserts. We did not enjoy the steakhouse at all-actually preferred the Mexican buffet on theme night- great tacos al pastore, churros and sopa de lima.

Fort Wayne...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: VALENTIN-Favorite restaurants

Thanks everyone! I am hungry just reading everyone's responses!!!!!