We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

Can anyone recommend a good safety conscience dive shop in Playa? I would like to do cave diving/ whale sharks/ general diving and the last few times I have been in Mexico I had questionable equipment and guides.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,297 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

We were PADI certified at Pluto Dive Shop and really liked them, run by an Italian couple.

We also did a two tank cenote dive down at Dos Ojos with them, they do those too-very well run shop.

http://www.plutodive.com/

We did our whale shark expedition with Capitan Tony out of Isla Mujeres when we were staying there three summers ago.

Waverly, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

I have been to "Dive in Puerto Morelos" 3-4 times. It is run by Brett Neilsen originally from Salt Lake City. Great times.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

Sorry, I can't recommend Playa dive operators because I use my resorts on-site dive operator, Dive Balam. I feel they are second to none. You may wish to contact them by e-mail for their recommendation of an operator in Playa.

Re. your comment about gear - personally I wouldn't dive with anyone elses equipment other than my own. Do you really want to trust your *life* on equipment you know nothing about?

Edited: 17 May 2013, 18:58
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

If you are diving multiple days get over to Cozumel early to try much better diving.

One option is here:

aldora.com

Their office is a few blocks south of the ferry. Buy one way ferry tickets.

5. Re: Whale sharks/ Cenote DIVING/ Diving in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:17