We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
325 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Hi all, I can't really tell by the pictures, which room type to select. Any suggestions on a good one? Also, I see that many prefer buildings 8/9 on 4th floor? Is that correct? Thanks for your help!

Also, if you are familiar with the Royal Hideaway Playacar property, need help there too with the same thing. Trying to decide between the two but leaning towards Excellence PM since you all love this place so much!

ny
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

We are true RH lovers, having been there 46 times, with more visits planned. Luxury rooms are the bulk of the rooms with just 6 junior suites and two Presidential suites. While mist rooms are not ocean view, they do face beautiful gardens, and or private pools. Villas 31, 27 and 24 are closest to the beach pools. Villas 26, and 25 are smack in the middle of the property. It is a resort with great food ( truly) and incredible service.The beach is gorgeous as well a d there is an infinity pol on the beach.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 00:47
Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
810 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Another RH lover. We just got back last night. We prefer to book the Junior Duplex Suite. It's a massive two story room. Two bathrooms. Large private patio with loungers. Another patio with a hammock with ocean views.

And the food. Oh my goodness. Just phenomenal. The Chef's Table is one of the best dining experiences I've ever had in my life. It made Moto in Chicago seem like a hot dog cart. Their beach is simply breathtaking. And yes, the service is out of this world. I posted a ton of photos this past week on Instagram tagged with #royalhideaway . These photos include some of the menus and a villa map WITH numbers. Other people had also been tagging RH recently with pictures. I recommend checking the instagram photos out.

merseyside
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

How do I look at Instagram?

Cheers pam

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
810 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Just type into google #royalhideaway!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Great pictures, Amy!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

thak you kyamy and 1diva we just checked in vill 27 a couple of days per your advice and evryhting has been amazing so far thank you! service food evreyhting has been wonderful so far thank.

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
810 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Awesome! And thank you. I tried to think of taking all the photos of things that I've seen people asking about on the forums. (menus, villas, ect).

I have some more that didn't make it up yet (I blame the sun and vodka) but I will go through them and get them added soon. We also didn't dine at the Grill this trip (opted for the Chef's Table instead).

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Are the duplex rooms ocean front?

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
810 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Almost all of the villas are set back off the area facing the beach (there are two pools between the closest villas) but to answer it, the two junior suites in Villa 31 are pretty much direct forward facing the beach. We like the JR suites in building 30 best because they are back off the pool a little bit but still have a great view of the ocean.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Hideaway Playacar room type help and location request

Thanks!