We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Observations at O M Royale

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Observations at O M Royale

Some people have commented about the age groups here as over 50s, from what we have seen it is more of 30/50. The swim up bar does not have any where near enough staff & today when we finally could get in the pool, the pool side was not manned. The pool area needs more beds & not the ones on the floor.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Observations at O M Royale

That was our complaint when we were there.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Observations at O M Royale

Bob,what did you think to the floor sunbeds?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Observations at O M Royale

I had to go to the pool at 6:30 every morning and STILL could not get chairs. I had to drag a couple from the beach.

Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Observations at O M Royale

Floor sunbeds???? Whats that a mattress on the ground ? Id never get up again if they are that low!! Try to have fun and a few extra drinks :)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Observations at O M Royale

hi Jane, Phil will post a pic on FB later, you're right you can't get up.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Observations at O M Royale

The best chocolate martinis ever, yum.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Observations at O M Royale

Yesterday with sun being out there were waiting on staff around the pool, excellent. I have easily got a bed 7am, nearly all vacant. In the privilaged roped off area on the beach the guests look as though they are being contained for some reason lol.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 13:19
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Observations at O M Royale

The beach: we are pool people but like a stroll on the beach, basically it's not very good imo. There is an area with the beds on, a lot of them, then there is a boardwalk between the beds & the water with a perspect wall runing all the way along the b/walk. The water is very dirty, now this could be because of the rain we have just had. We only walked to the left so maybe a little better to go right, I will check, it did put me off though. You couldn't snorkel & there wasn't anyone swimming.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Observations at O M Royale

The shower in the room isn't a power shower & takes quite a while to heat up, it does the job though.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Observations at O M Royale

The Mexican last night was very nice, they had placed tables around the pool with lanterns, the food was good & the service excellent. When we arrived we asked for a table for in 30mins approx, no problem, as we were waiting to book in 2 other guests were arguing with the greeter because they couldn't get a table immediatly. Afterwards at 9 there was a Mayan show at the pool, we didn't stay long as there again 1 barman & 1 waiter & we couldn't get served.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 12:33