We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Boston...
Level Contributor
104 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

We'll be staying at the Sandos Playacar Riviera Select Club in August and have a few questions regarding the restaurants.

1. Heard there were 2 breakfast options with one at the regular buffet and one at the Select Club Members only. Is the Select Club buffet a continental breakfast or a full buffet?

2. Do they have Mimosa's at the breakfast buffets?

3. Can we eat at an Ala Carte for the full 7 nights we're there? We heard somewhere that you're only allowed 3 Ala Carte's during the week,

Also can we make Ala Carte reservations from the room the day before? We also heard that we need to book all Ala Cartes upon arrival. Been to Mexico many times and never came across that rule!

Thanks!

Atkins, Iowa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

I haven't stayed there, but from the homework I've done for our trip in August here's my guess.

1. Yes and full buffet

2. Yes

3. No, you get so many ala-carts for nights stayed. Pretty goofy. You can ask to get put on waiting list for additional nights. Some have gotten in, some not. I believe the normal booking is at registration. So if you get 3 ala-carts for a 7 day stay, you book the week when you arrive.

Hopefully someone will come along with concrete answers, but I believe what I've said is true or close. Tom

Canvey Island...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Hi, we are at Sandos at the moment.

There is a seperate buffet breakfast for Select Club guests which is in the steak house restaurant. All food is very good. It's a full buffet with fruit, cereal, continental and cooked items.

We booked up our a la cartes just because some we're full for the first three days we were here. if you want more than 3 per week speak to the desk in the Select Club reception. They seem to be very accommodating.

One gripe is that the pool in the Select Club area is open to everyone an we were led to believe that it was just Royal Elite and Select Guests only allowed. This seems to be a new rule. However still no children allowed!

Having a lovely holiday so far, weather, hotel and service amazing. Any questions please ask.

thanks

Kim

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

I also thought is was only for select and royal elite guests. They must not be checking wrist bands.

Canvey Island...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Apparently they've opened the pool up to all wristbands so long as no children are allowed. We did have a little moan as paid extra for this. it may be because its low season though as there are still plenty of sunbeds.

The beach section is still split into Select Club and Royal Elite sections.

Having a great time though so anyone visiting will love it :0)

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

As the main reason i was booking the select club was to use the adult pool if you no longer have upgrade to use it I may save myself the money and book the beach section.

Canvey Island...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

This new rule has apparently only come in in the last few weeks. As Select Club you do have the seperate buffet breakfast area, use of the two premium bars and the seperate section on the beach. The pool has been busy but we've always managed to get beds fine. I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever you decide

nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Riley.

Is there a currency exchange at the hotel.

Would you mind asking if they exchange English pounds please.we are going to bring pesos but will bring £s as back up.

Ontario, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Hi hope you are enjoying yourself, I am planning a October vist to the Select Club Section and I have recently read some reviews about familys with children being accomodated in this section, Is this something you find to be true?

Thank you for your time in advance

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
333 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Dear IslandHoppper,

Would you be so kind to send me all your booking information at webrelations.playacar@sandos.com?

And for sure I will take care of you and also I would love to make you the dinner reservations before your arrival.

Wishing you a great day

Best Regards

Best Regards

Edited: 19 June 2013, 17:22
Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
333 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants at Sandos Playacar

Hola to everyone!

The Riviera section have two sections: one for Families and the other one just for adults (select club).

The rooms in the Riviera Section are Junior Suites with jacuzzi, they are newer, bigger and nicer than the Standard rooms