We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grafton,Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster

Best restaurant on 5th st for fresh lobster and crab, also great happy hour specials!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster

Go to 10th ave and hit la mission...lobster will be half the price of places on 5th.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster

The best lobster NEAR 5th Avenue is the Blue Lobster on 12 Calle about 30 ft east of 5th Avenue. Please don't confuse this with that horrible restaurant called the Big Lobster.

What are you looking for in your question regarding "great happy hour specials"?

Disclaimer: I never look for Happy Hour specials, I look for value.

Grafton,Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster

I was looking for 2 for 1 specials on drinks or buckets of beer specials with food specials,thanks!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster

To add a caveat, if youve never had caribbean lobster be prepared that it will taste nothing like northern atlantic lobster. Imho it is very dissapointing but its worth a try.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster

carboncitos and imprevist have some decent drink specials...buckets of beers, 2 for 1 cocktails, etc. stay for dinner too if you cant get up out of your chair...imprevist has a nice filet and a lobster pasta. tuna tar tar is awesome there. or go for some tacos at carboncitos.

taco is right about the lobster...different for sure, but still good. at la mission they serve it up with two different kinds of butter...one has a whole schwack of roasted garlic in it...awesome. blue lobster is good too but it is mucho dinero compared to la mission. better atmosphere at the blue lobster though....but not sure its worth twice the price.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster

Spiny lobster is very expensive and not very good, and it's missing the best part - the claws and knuckle.

Orange County, CA.
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster

Running joke on 5a. Avenida are restaurants with lobster tanks out front. Pick any great looking lobster, and a different smaller one is cooked and brought to your table at the big lobster price. Caveat emptor.

Pembroke
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster

We really enjoyed the blue lobster as OT pointed out, just off 5th. It's not that cheap but we were ok with that, it's still definitely cheaper than what we'd pay at home, I selected a lobster tail and my wife had the scallop risotto, the food was excellent, we left very full and with a couple beers each we spent about $100.

Hancock, New...
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster

50 bucks for lobster, and you would've paid more at home?!?! Or was that pesos?

Around here I'll pay $12-18 for a lobster meal in a restaurant, up to $6/pound for live lobsters.

If I ever paid $50 for a lobster dinner, I'd want pounds of knuckle meat.

Do scallops grow anywhere near there?

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster

Most restaurants and bars along 5th Avenue will spontaneously put out the 2 for 1 sign if things are slow. Usually you will find those deals between 4 and 6, but it's Mexico??