We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please!

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Help please!

Hello All - my husband and I are booked for paradisus la perla arriving Saturday July 20th - when we booked we found nothing but glowing reviews with some minor complaints of the beach on la perla side. Now we're reading that the hotel is very busy, with many loud folks around the pool and lots of children in all of the restaurants and common areas. My husband and I are in our early 30s and like luxury vacations where we can relax and unwind. It sounds like La Perla won't be it for us. Can anyone suggest another hotel that is truly adults only, with great food and a romantic 5 star ambiance? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am canceling my la perla reservation and will rebook somewhere more relaxing.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,467 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please!

Royal Hideaway perhaps?

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please!

ElDorado Maroma, ElDorado Sea Side? Both are excellent resorts.

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please!

Would you reccomend these over the ib grand?

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please!

We love El dorado Maroma..we are going for our 9th trip in august...the beach is fabulous, great service, no reservations or arm bands, no chair games...beautiful grounds...very romantic..a la carte dining...woukld be more than happy to answer any questions.....its small...100 rooms and not rowdy...if you want alot of night life you might consider el dorado seaside or the el dorado casitas...edm has a show at night and a nightclub but its very peacful..definitely not the party scene

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please!

We love the IB Grand but have not been to the other resorts mentioned.

We have been there 3 times and are going back for a 4th next month. But it may not be for you if you do not want to wear a wristband or make dinner reservations at the a la carte restaurants.

Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please!

Thank you SuziQ - Is EDM relatively in good shape? Some reviews have mentioned the rooms could use a refresh. Thats kind of what appeal to us about La Perla - it was newer/more modern - but we definitely don't want to go to Vegas in Mexico.

Texas_123 - Thank you for the suggestion - I have head that IBG is also a bit outdated/needing a refresh. Was that your experience? Wristbands and reservations are not an issue for us if they are easy to make.

Thanks!

Adela

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please!

No, not at all outdated. I think it opened in 07 so its not old at all.

Some of the decor is a bit odd and a few places (I will admit), for instance the reception area, is not my taste, but really the Grand as a whole is completely amazing. There is this level of over the top (in a good way) luxury that I have ever experienced in Mexico. And the Grand's outside areas, which is where we do spend the majority of our time unless we are sleeping are magnificent. 3 pools, gorgeous wide beach with spread out palapas and only 2 loungers under each. We have also been really pleased with the food at the Grand. The service as well.

Last year, there were a few places I noticed could be refurbished like some of the columns that are on the balconies were cracking, but we did notice that there were workers repairing those columns.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound like a commercial.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
708 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please!

I have also booked LaPerla for October, getting a little worried. I don't bring my kids and honestly I don't want to be exposed to others. Can someone tell me which restaurants are exclusive to adults?

9. Re: Help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 08:01
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help please!

Hi we have just cancelled our hotel due to , reviews changing from when we first booked . We are now going to be staying in adult only hotel El Dorado Royale Rivera Maya . Please be aware changing this late its going to cost you quite bit money . You maybe better off doing upgrade once you've arrived .

We was quote £1,069 just to change . But then out travel agent realised we was 9 weeks away from our travel date . So we at to pay £50 to change and another £350 pounds for the new hotel .Worth ever penny in my eyes . Hope all goes well . Enjoy your holiday x