We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri pool

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Capri pool

Hello all that have been to SCRC, is the pool as slippery as I have read? Are there stairs leading into the pool that are not so slippery?My husband and I enjoy the beach and the pool, I read in the last post on Tripadvisor, that the person smelled sewage from the ocean...and said she felt, that is what were making people sick? The person also mentioned the slippery steps..my husband and I are planning on having a good time without any cuts, bruises or stomach aches. Has anyone have a negative experience with the pool or beach? Any positives?

Thanks

Angie

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,792 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri pool

Here is a link to a trip report and great pictures of Secrets Capri.

mybeachboard.com/smf/…2700.0.html

Colorado
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri pool

I was wondering the same thing about the sewage smell?

denver, co
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri pool

Hi Angie,

The pool has many zero entrance spots around and yes is very slippery. However there is a rail that you can hold as you enter the pool - if you remember to use it you should not have a problem. I loved laying on the beach (it is cooler there) and was not bothered by any odors. The beach is also fabulous for walking. The food is very good and the service is excellent. Myself and my husband did not have any stomach issues (and ate like pigs!). I would say just be cautious of traveling issues and diet changes. This place is beautiful - hope you enjoy your trip - I wish I was back there now!

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri pool

Hi Sheilac,

Thanks for answering my questions, and will remember to hold on to the railing. Also thanks for sharing your website, the pics are beautiful! My husband and I are planning on going Aug 29 for 10 days, and very much looking forward to R&R in such beautiful surroundings with great food and drinks!

Angie

NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri pool

Very slipper but if you remember to use the railing you should be fine. There are also stairs to go down on either side. No negatives here either and we were there 10 days. Have fun

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri pool

My husband and I stayed at this resort just after hurricane Wilma and we had a great time. You would think if there was going to be smells or anything negative this would have been the time, because literally they were rebuilding the resort around us... (ie bringing sand in every night, planting palm trees, building hammock holders, etc...) The pool can be a bit slippery when you walk in but it is nothing that taking it slow cannot correct. We had a great time. It is massive and there are lounge chairs at either end of the pool. The beach is nice and the water just fine. No smells there. As a side note, the meals were outstanding. We would definitely rank this resort as one of the best we have stayed at in the pdc area.

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri pool

We are hoping that the beach is nice too. I read somewhere, that if you go out in the water 20 feet the bottom of it feels like clay under your feet? Has anyone had that experience?

Also is champagne part of the all inclusive? What was you favorite meal, drink?

Angie

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri pool

The sea floor is a bit sticky, but it is nothing that would prevent you from going in the water. It is simply beautiful and not to be missed. Champagne is part of the all inclusive. I am not a fan of champagne, but I did enjoy the sangria at this resort. I thought it was excellent. Enjoy!

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri pool

Thanks for replying and warm wishes, Gia and TammyZ,

Was the ocean water warm? Is there a warmer water side in the pool?

We are glad you guys had such a great time! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Capri pool

The ocean water is 80+ this time of year. I am definitely a water snob and tend to get cold very easily. I can always get into that beautiful turquoise water. As far as the pool goes, the right side (if you are standing on the beach) seemed to be a little bit cooler, but I think that is just the position of the pool. Adios !

Gia