We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ipb vs. tucan....

CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ipb vs. tucan....

Has anyone been to BOTH of these resorts? If so, what one did you like better and why. My family of 4 stayed at the IPB for a week in November, 2005. We really loved it. Last November we planned on going back, but had to cancel because of the hurricane. We ended up not having many choices, but stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro in the DR. It was just OK compaired to the IPB. I just notice the Tucan is always rated above all the Iberostars in Playa, so any information you may have, i'll take!! We probably will go back again in November, Thanksgiving week.

Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
California
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

What resort is ipb?

CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

sorry, it's the Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Iberostar Paraiso Beach
5,568 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

anyone?????

Northwest Ohio
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

Hi Renee, We have only stayed at the Tucan, actually this past Thanksgiving, and all 6 of us loved it! Especially the jungle atmosphere and the little native pets...monkies, some rodent, etc.

I am sure both are great hotels, much good has been said about both.

illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

We've been to both. I personally liked the tucan the best. It is a little smaller so there is not as much walking. You can see the ocean from the pool and the lunch restaurants have a nice view towards the beach. The water in Playacar is the most amazing color of blue. I also thought the food was a little better at the tucan. We had a standard room and still had a bit of an ocean view from our balcony. The jungle that runs through the middle of the resort is also neat. We saw peacocks from our balcony every morning and the monkeys hang around in the trees. We enjoyed the Paraiso Beach, but the Tucan is the one that we are going back to this fall.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
271 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

We stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico last year, which is 2 doors down from the Tucan. I checked out all of the resorts up and down the beach and if I couldn't stay at the Riu, I'd take the Tucan. The beach there is gorgeous!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico
5,939 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
STL
Level Contributor
316 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

Hi Renee...we stayed at the Paraiso complex last year (Lindo) and are taking our family to the Tucan this year over Thanksgiving. We chose the Tucan for a number of reasons...one was the reviews on TA as well as people that we know that have vacationed there. The second was that we had already been to Paraiso (we loved the resort area) and were not completely thrilled with the beach. While beach conditions are seasonal and can change, it seems like the Playacar area and south have nicer beaches.

We have friends that are staying at the Beach at the same time so we will probably go there for a day...

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
271 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

Thank you everyone for your feedback! Were making a decision soon!

Columbia, IL
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

We have been to the Tucan and enjoyed it very much. We are headed to the IBP Del Mar this week. I am aware that it is much larger and that the beach is not as picturesque, but we wanted to try it out.

One thing about the Tucan. If you go when it is at capacity, the beach and pool can seem crowded. Also, the Playacar beaches are really breathtaking, but there is a fair amount of foot traffic compared to beaches north and south of Playacar. Just something to consider. I still highly recommend the Tucan.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
271 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
10. Re: ipb vs. tucan....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 22:19