We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insect bites Royal Hideaway

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Insect bites Royal Hideaway

Can anybody tell me if there are sand flies at the Royal Hideaway?

They just love to bite me so would like to be prepared.

Saint James, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

I had my deet wipes with me and never needed them. We were there in March and it was always breezy. Will be returning next month so we shall see. But we didn't have a bite and I always get bit.

Floyds Knobs...
Level Contributor
810 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

I've never gotten one in 11 visits.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

I am a Telephone Guy in Wisconsin! I just Got crucified by Mosquitoes here at Home checking phone lines!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

Thanks for your replies. Here's hoping I am as lucky and have a bit free vacation.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

No. Just back from Allegro (sister property next door). Beach in this area is BEAUTIFUL. Breeze keeps the sand fleas away.

Now mosquitoes at sunset are another story. They LOVE me. I always get bitten up, yet my wife & kids can walk next to me & get not even one bite! They use me as repellant!

Most hang out at knee height and down. Spray yourself with DEET 25% or higher to be safe on your legs if you're going outside after sunset. Or if cooler weather wear long pants.

I'm so attractive. To mossies that is.

Adios,

SeaBass

6. Re: Insect bites Royal Hideaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22