We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins excursion

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphins excursion

Hi everyone,

We're out in the playacar / playa del carmen region at the moment - absolutely amazing! Arrived here Wednesday eve.

Anyway, we really wanted to do the cliché swimming with dolphins but there are so many different places that we can choose from. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or maybe there are some of you who have been to 2 or 3 out here and could tell us which one was best?

Many thanks,

Emma

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphins excursion

Not going to get too much encouragement on swimming with the dolphins here. Couldn't you just go out on a boat and watch them in the wild, where they are supposed to be?

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphins excursion

Emma , you probably just opened a big ol can of worms.

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,434 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphins excursion

But don't worry, Emma — this particular can of worms is innocently opened up here about every 2-3 weeks, anyway. :-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphins excursion

Hi Emma

Can I politely ask you to Google swimming with dolphins to see how cruel it is to keep these wonderful fellow mammals in captivity.

Thanks you

5. Re: Dolphins excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 19:35
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,434 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphins excursion

And awaaaay we go!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,742 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphins excursion

PlayaMaya

Literally LOL!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphins excursion

I don't think this is "nothing like ramming your personal thoughts down peoples throats". I don't think most people realize what swimming with dolphins in captivity is all about. If they were more aware of what is actually involved in this, they might think twice about doing it. If it doesn't bother them or concern them, then by all means, pay that outrageous price they charge and go swim with them.

Hopefully you won't contract any disease from the contaminated enclosures, and the dolphins won't contract any disease from the humans.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
264 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphins excursion

"I don't think most people realize what swimming with dolphins in captivity is all about. If they were more aware of what is actually involved in this, they might think twice about doing it."

Absolutely!

Hopefully, the OP will do a little checking into it and decide against it. If not, that's a personal decision made.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphins excursion

Jesus! So I check my replies a day later and I find that no-one has actually helped me. People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves. Don't come on to tripadvisor to criticise people, come on here to give the advice that you're asked to give. Thank you to those who were sticking up for me....I'm doing it anyway and I'm going to have a fabulous time :-)