We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins excursion

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphins excursion

Hi everyone,

We're out in the playacar / playa del carmen region at the moment - absolutely amazing! Arrived here Wednesday eve.

Anyway, we really wanted to do the cliché swimming with dolphins but there are so many different places that we can choose from. I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or maybe there are some of you who have been to 2 or 3 out here and could tell us which one was best?

Many thanks,

Emma

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dolphins excursion

Check out the dolphinarius website and if you are thinking of going to Xel Ha or Xcaret, they have dolphin programs there that people seem to like, but only if you are already going to go there.

dolphinaris.com/locations/riviera%20maya.aspx

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dolphins excursion

You asked for peoples opinions on a hot button topic (whether you realise it or not) on the internet, and you got opinions. Good with the bad is what this fancy new research tool offers. Frankly i am surprised this isnt 8 pages with 40 deleted posts already....

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Dolphins excursion

"People need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves."

I submit that this is probably a rather unrealistic expectation when asking questions or otherwise participating in a public, online forum...

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dolphins excursion

Good for you Emma , my husband and I are coming out in October and its on my wish list so please come back on Tripadvisor and give me an update of who you used and how you get on.I hope your having a lovely holiday. We have never been to Mexico before and are going to be staying at the Royal Hideaway, Playa Del CARMEN, so excited . X

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dolphins excursion

"I submit that this is probably a rather unrealistic expectation when asking questions or otherwise participating in a public, online forum..."

LOL playamaya....

Emma try the top asked questions (you can't see them on a mobile device but on a tab/ipad/laptop you can) I can't comment from a personal experience but the Xel Ha Delphinus swims seem to get good reviews.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 10:30
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dolphins excursion

To the OP -

TA is all about giving advise, and some of us advised you to rethink doing this. But, that is not what you wanted to hear. So then you tell us not to offer our opinions or give advice.

What if I told you not to go to "XYZ swim with dolphins" company because I personally saw them mistreating their customers? Then it would be ok for me to give advice????? After all, I wouldn't want you to get injured during your excursion.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 13:05
leeds
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dolphins excursion

Hi emma we did the swim with portaventuras i think it was called. it was really good an seemed fine back then but it was in 2009.

uk
Level Contributor
892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dolphins excursion

mo32,you are assuming all people are interested in the dolphins happyness etccc,personally it does not interest me and a lot of other people,i think there are more important things in life to worry about.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dolphins excursion

Sad that we all don't care about the dolphins happiness I certainly do as do numerous other people who post on these forums.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dolphins excursion

les127 - Wow, and that is why the world is in the mess it is today, people not interested in a lot of things.